To The Girl Who Doesn't Think She's Worthy

To The Girl That Doesn't Think She's Worthy — You ARE Enough

I know it's hard to imagine feeling your best self. And that's where we begin.

888

Look, sis. You are enough.

I'm sure that you are reading this feeling like you don't belong in the world. Like you don't know who you are or even feel like nobody understands you. You're exhausted, upset, hurt, and confused about life and why it's throwing these obstacles at you.

Trust me, I've been there.

I'm literally sitting down writing this article while feeling this way — you are not alone in this.

Let me repeat that.

You are not alone.

There are hundreds, maybe millions, of women in the world who often feel ostracized, ridiculed, unimportant, or unworthy at some point in their life. You and I happen to be in the same boat right now, so I get it.

But the question is, why do you feel this way?

Is there a partner that you are losing a connection with or have you already lost that connection? Are you failing your classes? Is your supervisor yelling at you? Are your parents getting a divorce? Did someone start a rumor about you? Did your friends betray you? Are your opinions and feelings not being validated by a partner or friend?

Whatever the specific reason is, you have every right to feel the way you do. It's OK to grieve, girl. Cry your heart out — honestly, you'll feel better. But there comes a point where we need to pick ourselves off the floor and show the world who we're made of.

I know your fine ass wasn't made for sitting on the floor. Oh no. It was made to strut your favorite pair of jeans and to make you feel confident.

Why are you here with me right now? What brought you here?

Your motive brought you here. The fact that you want to feel heard by someone and are not willing to give up on yourself. The fact that you are willing to grow and look for answers as to why you feel this way. The fact that you want validation that you aren't in this alone. You want to be able to be your happy self again and not give a damn about this draining situation. The fact that you were willing to take the initiative to seek help is more than amazing! Girl, you should be proud of yourself for being so brave to speak up. You want to be heard. You want to be here on this earth because you are a caring person, and I adore that about you.

Think of all of the people in your life that have been there for you and focus on them. They believe that you matter, and you should feel the exact same way towards yourself.

So here's what is going to happen.

After you're done reading this, I want you to go to any mirror that you have nearby. I want you to look at yourself and truly identify three characteristics that you really like about yourself. It doesn't have to be physical characteristics, but things that you know you are good at or qualities that other people have brought to your attention.

Now that you have stated those three FACTS, I want you to continue to look at yourself and take a deep breath. Inhale for six seconds, hold for five seconds, and exhale for six seconds. Relax your muscles. Now, smile and admire your beauty, cause honey, you are gorgeous.

Lastly, I want you to state the following lines, and truly mean them. Say them with confidence, because they are facts, as well.

"I am strong."

"I am enough."

"I am capable of absolutely anything."

Knowing your worth is the first step to falling in love with yourself. I hope that you feel a little better and understand that you belong here. Someone else is feeling the exact same way you do, and please know that you don't have time in your life to be worrying about something small. Don't feed into the negativity. Show your sparkle and conquer!

Go show them what you're made of.