A Playlist From The iPod Of A Middle Schooler In 2013

A blast from the past that nobody asked for.

11
https://www.kiss925.com/2017/07/23/fans-celebrate-7-years-one-direction/

During these past few months, with nothing better to do, I have found myself reminiscing on the good old days. Cleaning out my closet and attic full of old photos and toys and charging my old laptop to find at least 30 movies and music videos my little brother and I made. But I think my favorite was diving deep into my iTunes music library to remember what great taste I had in music as a middle-schooler. These songs became the soundtrack to my middle school experience, from listening to Adele while staring out of the window on the bus ride home to accidentally blaring One Direction in my geography class. I compiled a list of 25 songs that I believe define the 2013 middle school experience, so grab your black glasses frames, clip in those hair feathers, slip on your converse, and enjoy this blast from the past.

1. "Pompeii" - Bastille

music video bastille GIF Giphy

2. "Little Things" - One Direction

3. "Royals" - Lorde

royals GIF Giphy

4. "Counting Stars" - One Republic

Didnt I GIF by OneRepublic Giphy

5. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift

we are never ever getting back together GIF by Taylor Swift Giphy

6. "Feel Good Inc." - Gorillaz

animation 2d GIF Giphy

7. "Grenade" - Bruno Mars

bruno mars GIF Giphy

8. "Down" - Jay Sean Feat. Lil Wayne

jay sean GIF by bypriyashah Giphy

9. "I Want Crazy" - Hunter Hayes

10. "Anna Sun" - WALK THE MOON

GIF by Walk The Moon Giphy

11. "U.N.I." - Ed Sheeran

ed sheeran GIF by Billboard Music Awards Giphy

12. "Chasing Pavements" - Adele

music video hello GIF Giphy

13. "You & I" - One Direction

one direction vevo 24 hour record GIF by Vevo Giphy

14. "Safe and Sound" - Capital Cities

15. "Love You Like a Love Song" - Selena Gomez

selena gomez GIF Giphy

16. "We Are Young" - Fun.

17. "Chocolate" - The 1975

18. "Burn" - Ellie Goulding

19. "Sweater Weather" - The Neighbourhood

american rock GIF by Dyan Jong Giphy

20. "Dark Horse" - Katy Perry

music video GIF by Vevo Giphy

21. "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye

mtv rihanna GIF by Vevo Giphy

22. "Primadonna" - Marina and The Diamonds

misbehave marina and the diamonds GIF Giphy

23. "Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People

24. "Tonight Tonight" - Hot Chelle Rae

25. "Stereo Hearts" - Gym Class Heros Feat. Adam Levine