A Daughter's Love Letter To Her Father

The Very First 'Love Letter' From Your Little Daughter To You, Dad

To the boys who want to hang out with me, unless you are better than my father, or at least you can make sure that you will take good care of me like my father always does, then you might want to think again.

747
Helen Nguyen

I know that I am a tough girl, and I hardly show my feelings. But deep inside, for what I have learned, and for all the things you have given me, I love you!

This is the first time I have written something about my dad, more like writing something for him. As I said, it is kinda hard for me to show my feelings, especially in front of many people. I usually just show my love through action. But I do know for sure, I appreciate my dad deeply, and this article should have been written a long time ago.

Just a few questions to start:

Do I have a car? No, I don't. But my father has.

Do I have my own house? Of course, not right now, but my father has.

Do I have a dream job? Not really. But my father surely does.

Am I a wonderful person? I'm not sure about this... But I know that my father is far than just wonderful.

Then, what do I have? The most amazing thing: I have my father and have been receiving his love for more than 18 years!

Thank you, Dad, for being the first one from your family to graduate high school, and also university.

I highly understand how difficult and miserable our country was back then when you were young. We had been through war, many of them, a hard time of poverty, and Vietnam is still now trying to become a developed country. Since you are the youngest one in the family, you had a chance to finish your education, and for that, to be honest, I have a better life. To be specific, a wonderful life I could ever ask for. You always work hard for what you have been given, you are passionate about everything you love, but still, you always spend time with our family.

Since you are a producer, you're busy and stressed all the time with your clients, agency, and your work. Sometimes, you work really late at night and have to wake up early in the morning, and some of your business trips are nearly a month. However, every time you are free, you take us out for dinner, maybe a movie at the weekend, and some fantastic vacations that help me know more about our beautiful world. I have chances to learn, to discover, to grow up beautifully, it is all because of you.

Thank you, Dad, for giving me a chance to study aboard.

Since you always took me to your workplace when I was little, I am lucky to find out what I love and want to do when I grow up at a very young age: I want to work in the media, just like you. An amazing field that requires me to be energetic, creative and enthusiastic, and I was doubtful back then that I will never be as successful as you.

But I know for sure, even if this world is against me, you and Mom will always be the one who supports me.

With all your love, you support me and let me follow my heart, and you believe that I will do a great job as an international student. So, I did. I came to James Madison University, and as far as I know, I have had beautiful experiences there, and I have learned so much from the outside world. I met new friends, I knew how to stand on my own feet, and I figured out: life is not easy. It was easy back then in my childish opinion, but now I know it's because you have done all the difficult part for me. Studying far from home is challenging, but I promise you I will do my best and I will never let you down.

"A girl's first true love is her father." — Marisol Santiago

Thank you, Dad, for always being my ideal type of a man, for always being my guardian and taking good care of me.

Well, raising a child is not easy, especially a tough and playful one like me. But you're patient, calm, brave and selfless enough to forgive all my mistakes and give me all the best that you can. You are appreciated. You are admired. And I am always proud of you.

Last but not least, thank you, for always being the most amazing Dad I could ever ask for. And I love you three thousand.