A Letter To My Little Sister

A Letter To My Little Sister

"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you." - Unknown

93
A Letter To My Little Sister

Dear Abby,

Lucky you, you're stuck with me. No matter how many times I do or don't say it, I love you. You're my built in best friend and I'm so lucky you came into my life. Having you as a sister has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

I know when we were younger we weren't always the best of friends until it came time for me to leave for college. But, I'm so happy we've become as close as we have. You're the best secret-keeper, the person I can trust the most and you're always there to listen to my rants and cries. I know I must annoy you 99% of the time but, you're my favorite person to annoy.

All the fights over you stealing my clothes, listening to you cry over something mom said to you, how the boys were mean to you, and everything in between are my favorite things. While this may sound weird but, I love that you let me in and allow me to be there as a shoulder to cry on. I know that I've always come to you crying over bullies or small problems, it makes me happy, you feel that you can do the same.

You may be my little sister but I look up to you more than anyone. You've taught me to push past the rough times and that you can do anything if you try. I've watched you go from a terrible gymnast, to a level 9 and then a freshman on the varsity diving team. You've worked so hard to get where you are, injuries and all.

I may be 8 hours away from you the majority of the year but know that I'm only a call away. I'm always here for you to always listen to you rant, tell me about your diving meets and even just to tell me little things. I don't know how many times I've said this and how many more I'll tell you, but I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of everything you've become, the person you are today and will continue to be. I'm proud of all your accomplishments and I love telling people how proud I am of you. No matter how many times we fight I'm still your big sister and I love you no matter what.

My little sister, you're beautiful, determined, hard working, and so talented. Follow your dreams and never give up. No matter what happens in your life, know I'm always proud of you and always look forward to seeing your face. You are so capable of anything you want to do and I'll always be there to cheer you on. I can't wait to continue to watch you grow up.

Love you forever,

Your big sister