A Letter To My Sister

Dear sister,

I know your life has not been easy. Whose has? No ones. I want you to be proud of yourself. Look how far you have come. Your journey has been both smooth and rocky, and lately, it has been pretty damn rocky. Do not give up now. Promise me, you will not give up now or ever. Your life is too precious to end. You're too smart to let the curve balls the universe throws at you to break you down. Get back up. Try again. Try something new. Take a new route.

You're only on this Earth for so long and then it is over. Just like that. Make every moment worth it. Time is such a valuable thing and too often we treat it with little to no respect. Use your time wisely. Lather yourself in the things that make your heartbeat out of your chest. Surround yourself with people and places that make you hungry for life.

My dear sister, if no one has ever told you this, I will tell you now. I will tell you every day that you're unique, you're one of a kind. No one can take that from you. No one can audition for the role of you because only you play it well. Be you. Be unapologetically you every day.

You have been through it, my girl. Guess what? Everything you have gone through, you have grown through. My precious baby, you're so strong. Don't you see it? Look in the mirror look at the beautiful young woman you're becoming. I am so grateful to have a sister like you. I hope you can see your worth. I hope you can hear your voice. I hope you can taste your sweetness. I hope you can feel your kindness.

You were brought into this world for a reason. You may not realize it yet but that is the beauty of life. There is work to be done. You have a gift and it is time you see it. It is time you use your gift and change this world for the better. No one has your gift. We all have our own that we are meant to use to help create new pieces to this Earth.

Sit my child. Sit in silence and allow your spirit guides to escort you towards greatness. Now is the time to be your most authentic self. Create your dream world. Dive into self-love. Recognize that your body is magical. It is keeping you alive. While you're asleep your body makes sure your heart is beating. How dope is that? Your body is doing the work for you. So give it credit. Tell your body you love it. Show your body how grateful you are by doing the things that make you happy.

All I want for you is to be happy. I am not saying that you will not face other emotions head-on but those emotions are just moments. You have the strength to pull yourself out of the sadness, anger, and hurt. You are in control of you. The next time the going gets tough, remember that the tough get going. Take a deep breath. Ask yourself, what is this situation trying to teach me? Learn from everything you go through because there is always a lesson you can grow through.

Promise me you will work on seeing how unique you are. Promise me that this is not the end for you.

I will promise to always remind you how extraordinary you are. This is your time to plant and tend to your garden of youth and I am so blessed to watch you bloom.

Love, your big sister.