A Letter To My Boyfriend

A Letter To My Boyfriend

You have changed my entire life and I could not ask for anyone else to call mine.

5
A Letter To My Boyfriend
Photo by Roman Kraft on Unsplash

Dear Babe,

I have never had good luck in relationships. I have never been a priority and I was often tossed aside as if I were a piece of trash. Before I met you, I only knew what being ignored and disregarded was like. I locked my heart up in a box and I did not let anyone have the key. School was my only focus at that point and I did not intend on anyone taking that attention away. But then, you said hello. Something tugged at my chest and I knew you were different than the rest. You quickly went from just a guy into someone I put into my daily schedule. My focus became you and I am so happy it did. I have never laughed or smiled so brightly in my life and I truly believe you helped me find the light I have been looking for.

From the first hug, I knew you would become someone I would fall in love with. I have never felt like I belonged anywhere but when I felt your arms around me, I knew I found a home. I used to think that I could only have a love for myself and that no one would truly love me for who I was. You have completely proved me wrong. The amount of love I have for you can be rather overwhelming and surreal. You balance me out where I feel weak and unworthy. I thank the universe every day that you said hello and how persistent you were during hard times.

You have the key to my locked up heart and you have shown me that you will keep my heart safe. You are teaching me what love truly is and how healthy relationships work. I know how difficult I can be at times but I am thankful for how grounded and patient your heart is. During this crazy time with COVID-19, you especially help me become someone who is worthy is love and happiness. You guide me towards finding happiness inside myself. Truthfully, you are making me whole. I feel like my life just started and you have opened my eyes to the world.

Thank you, my love, for everything. You are my future and I would not ask for anyone else to call my other half. I love you with every fiber I am and even more.

Sincerely,

Ara