Be the positive change, even if it's anonymous.
Life Stages

A Open Letter To Everyone

111
A Open Letter To Everyone
Heather Joyce

Dear Whoever,

I know that you don't know who I am, nor do I know who you are. That being said, it is by complete chance that you are reading my letter. I want to let you know right here, that everything I say to you I mean wholeheartedly.

I want you to know that you are worth it! You are more than worth it and that you should never give up on your dreams. Dreams are what keep us alive and keep us inspired to push on through the hard days. I know how tough it can become to keep going, believe me I know. But I want you to push on through. I hope all is well with you currently, but if not, it will get better. I know that sometimes hope is all we have carrying us, but hope will win. I know things will get better, and there is no doubt in my mind that you will not make it through.

I mean it when I tell you that I believe in you. I truly do believe in you and everything that you can accomplish. I want to offer you some advice: Let go of the past. Yes, the past is beneficial for us to learn from, but it is not the present. Learn from the past, look towards the future, but always remember to live in the present. I know it is sometimes the hardest thing to do, but trust me, you are not alone.

Also, more advice from me to you is to make amends. If anyone has wronged you, make amends. If the wrongs cannot be righted, then forgive and move on. You will be happier in the end. Reconnect with old friends and mend any broken family. I know this time of year can be a burden to some. I know that I used to dread this time of year. But, take it from one who has let far too many people go and let too many times slip through his fingers. Seize the moment and be happy!

I now challenge you to write your own letter, may it be just one or a couple. Address it as I have or as "Dear Friend," and write something nice and positive. It can be handwritten or typed, and then fold it up and leave it somewhere for someone new to find. Challenge them to do the same, and so on and so forth. Be the positive change that we all so desperately need. I believe in you!

All the best,

Me