A Girl's Guide On How To Celebrate The Week Of Holidays
Seasonal

March 14-March 17 here we come!

438
https://www.pexels.com/photo/ireland-saint-patrick-s-day-6631/

One of my favorite weeks all year is what I have lovingly deemed "The Week of Holidays." The Week of Holidays lasts from March 14 to March 17 and consists of me getting extremely more excited about irrelevant holidays than anyone I know. It's super exciting to celebrate a different holiday for the four days in a row. For all those uninformed about the beauty of these holidays and need some help to celebrate look no further.

March 14: Pi Day

March 14 is also known as Pi Day due to its date reading as 3-14 or 3.14 for the first three digits of pi. You don't have to love math to appreciate Pi Day. Sure you can have a competition with your friends to see who knows the most digits of pi, but you can also enjoy a nice slice of pie. Go ahead and buy yourself a pie to enjoy with your friends. And remember pizza pie counts too!

March 15: The Ides of March

What are the Ides of March you may ask? Well, it was the day that Caesar was killed by members of the Roman Senate. You may remember the cryptic message Shakespeare wrote in his play Julius Caesar "Beware the Ides of March." Traditionally, the Ides of March was a day of settling debts and a Roman holiday. Today it is a celebration of Caesar's death. Surprisingly, there are many ways to celebrate the Ides of March. You can go remind everybody you see to "Beware the Ides of March." You can eat a Caesar salad. You can watch "Mean Girls" and pay attention specifically to the scene of Gretchen reading her paper about Caesar's death. You can read "Julius Caesar." You could read some histories. You could also stab someone in the back, but I don't recommend that.

March 16: My Mom's Birthday (but also National Everything I Do Is Right Day)

So, this one is a bit more of a stretch for anyone who does not actually know my mother, but I contend that it still counts. If you don't know my mom and don't feel like celebrating her birthday you can just go around claiming everything you do is right. Of course other than wishing her a happy birthday you can always eat a bunch of cake.

March 17: Saint Patrick's Day

To round off the week of holidays is the best known holiday of the bunch: St. Patrick's Day! St. Patrick's Day officially celebrates the arrival of Christianity in Ireland and the Irish culture in general. Little kids celebrate St. Patrick's Day by having tricks played on them by leprechauns. You can also celebrate by eating corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda rolls or shepherd's pie. You could also enjoy some nice Irish dances. My personal favorite is to wear green (of course you shouldn't pinch anyone who isn't). What you shouldn't do is celebrate St. Patrick's Day by perpetuating Irish stereotypes through excessive drinking.