A collection of thoughts & coffee.
Food Drink

A collection of thoughts & coffee.

A rundown of Cincy's Hot-Spots for your best basic latte.

30
A collection of thoughts & coffee.
www.instagram.com

If you're anything like me one hour in the morning really equals 25 mins and you probably tell yourself you have to leave 20 minutes before you actually do right? Okay good, I knew I wasn't the only one. If you're one of those perfectly-timed people that also pack your lunch and remember it~ then you are definitely asking yourself how I manage to waste my time in the morning? Because my mind operates similar to one of those geckos that run in different directions every so many seconds. My caffeine addiction arose in my early days as a college freshman. From trying almost all of the items on Starbucks menu I was getting pretty bored...yes, I also know how to make coffee at home, but it's all about the experience of the cafe for me. I still remember the first time I walked into Coffee Emporium at their downtown location. It was a feeling of complete comfort and pure joy. It was the first time a business, let alone cafe felt like home. The customer service was impeccable, not better than the coffee or food, but I really have to make mention of that. I've worked in customer service for over 5 years now and a first impression is everything. Honestly they could've burned my food and I would of still come back just to talk to the employees! My first drink I ever ordered there was an iced vanilla latte with almond-milk and boyyyyyyy was it ever so delicious. They roast their coffee themselves in a building right around the corner I mean talk about fresh! Beyond the coffee grind you can order freshly made in-house food, breakfast items served all day and tasty pastries. Yes this is still in the same place, its all wonderful, they play great music and if you say you'd rather enjoy this on your living room couch they have those too so no excuses! I feel I am very biased because I'm a Coffee Emporium snob, but our next stop on this coffee tour is a very popular brunch spot called the Taste Of Belgium. While they are famous for their warm, sweet and just dense enough Belgium waffles they also serve lattes, iced coffee and other goodies! They have a bar, plenty of seating and tables outside to sit at on a nice day. I mentioned earlier that the experience is what I really go for, because I like to find spots that are good for people watching, reading a good book or putting together some words like I am now. As you travel further on down Vine you will stumble upon a cute little entryway slightly hidden to a place named 1215 Wine Bar & Coffee Lab. Not only will they make you one of those Instagram worthy cappuccinos with the heart design in the foam, but if you fancy a glass of wine there are many to chose from off their menu. My girl gang and I went there for pre-dinner drinks, and each did a flight of whites, I would definitely recommend stopping in! At last my final stop on this coffee train, as you trek further on up one the hill into UC's terrain you will find Lydia's on Ludlow. Quick story about this cafe is that one of my girlfriends and I had been telling one another for months all about this place we enjoyed eating, and getting coffee at, she even had told me they did a fun brunch and had live jazz music on Sundays! Typical blondes neither of us could recall the name, so one afternoon as we were exploring some boutiques and local shops in that area I pointed it out to her and she was like, "that's the place I've been telling you about!!!" We both looked at one another and laughed then went in and sat down.... I think you can finish this one yourself ;)

Related Articles Around the Web