25 Flashbacks To Growing Up In The 90s

25 Flashbacks To Growing Up In The 90s

Our childhood was better than yours.

850
25 Flashbacks To Growing Up In The 90s
Ticket News

As the years go by, I can't help but reflect back on the glory days. 90s babies are known as the most nostalgic, but seriously, can you really blame us? We were one of the last generations who actually grew up knowing who our neighbors are since we were always playing outside. We are the generation who has experienced it all. I mean we were the last to have chunky house phones that connected into the wall cords, the typical white chunky computer desktops and the last to know what it felt like to stay outside till dark and ride our bikes everywhere. Technology, social media, having the need to be materialistic were all not a thing. Life was just so much simpler.

Join me reminiscing about some of the memorable items from our childhood.

1. M.A.S.H. (aka one of the greatest games to exist)

2. The pencil that we all wanted up until one of the parts went missing.

3. The colorful haired trolls we collected that topped pencils.

4. You owned one of these, admit it we have all tried to pull two colors at once.

5. Things could get pretty heated while playing this tricky water ring toss game.

6. The original iPod before Apple products were a big thing.

7. No one knows what a little piece of heaven tastes like until you've tried Dunkaroos.

8. Silly Putty was a necessity of our childhood.

9. This is how we relaxed back then.

10. 7-up was a reward and how we had fun in the class room.

11. Digital pets took over our younger years, or at least when we actually remembered to feed them. Good thing there was a reset button on the back.

12. We all thought we were pretty cool when we learned how to do the "fancy" S.

13. Elefun was tons of fun.

14. "Lite-Brite, Lite-Brite, Turn on the magical shining light!"

15. Pretty Pretty Princess Parties were by far the best.

16. CandyLand, an even better board game than monopoly. The race to the castle begins!

17. Lizzie McGuire.. AKA the most relatable person back in the day.

18. Your spare time consisted of learning more cool tricks with string figures in the Cat's Cradle book. Had to be able to show off your skills during recess!

19. Rugrats was a must watch and still is.

20. Days that smiley fries were served at school were automatically good days.

21. Easy-Bake Ovens which took 12 years to cook something but it was all worth the experience.

22. Barbie Jeep or any electric toy, it was totally the status symbol to cruise around your neighborhood with your very own method of transportation. The boom box included was just an added extra bonus!

23. Butterfly clips was a daily hair necessity for most girls. Which usually results in us now looking back at pictures and wondering what we were thinking.

24. Having a Doodle Bear finally meant you could draw on a toy but don't worry if you mess up, it can wash right off!

25. Nothing got better than being able to create your own ice popsicles with Mr.Frosty!