9 Of The Best TV Shows And Movies Streaming On Netflix Right Now

Netflix is a blessing to most of us.

69
Digital Trends

Television has come a long way since it first came around. We went from plain black and white to color. The big bulky TV's are now smaller flat screens; "smart televisions" are even a thing now too. The point is, with all of these TV advancements, we got something called Netflix. Netflix is a blessing for most of us. I watch it more than I probably should, but I just can't help it! Here's some Netflix recommendations for your next binge-watching day.

1. "You Get Me"

This one's a thriller, starring Bella Thorne. As the movie progresses, we learn more about her character and why she acts the way she does. It'll definitely keep you on the edge of your seat as you watch Thorne's crazy character manipulate everyone around her, while she tries to get what she wants.

2. "13 Reasons Why"

This show had some major controversy when it was recently released, but personally, I loved it. Centered around the suicide of Hannah Baker, the show's characters are left tapes, made by Hannah, that they must listen to, explaining what exactly lead her to suicide. While some believe she is blaming others and glamorizing suicide, Hannah's tapes are to show her "friends" that they were slowly tearing down her confidence and self-esteem. I think the show sends out a powerful message and it's definitely worth the watch.

3. "Fuller House"

Even though "Full House" was before my time, I can remember watching it since I was a kid. "Fuller House" was worth that 21 year wait for a reboot. It's even whackier than before as we now watch DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy be the grown ups raising a house full of kids.

4. "Cyberbully"

Starring Emily Osment, " Cyberbully" follows main character Taylor as she is bullied online by her classmates. We see her struggle with her problems, while her loved ones begin to turn on her too.

5. "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas"

Set during World War II and the Holocaust, this movie is also prone to draw some tears. Young Bruno lives with his family, his father being a Nazi, and they've just moved close to a concentration camp, The story follows Bruno as he befriends a little boy on the other side of the camp fence.

6. "Revenge of the Bridesmaids"

With no relation to the movie "Bridesmaids," this movie follows Abigail and Parker on an adventure to reunite a couple who longs to be together. The problem? He's already engaged to their "friend" Caitlyn.

7. "Would You Rather"

This movie is categorized as a thriller, but some scenes can get a little gruesome. A man invites nine guests to a dinner party. Knowing they are all in need of money, he offers them a game and if they win, he will give them to the money they need; however, there's a catch. The game is would you rather, but it's not normal by any means. The choices are dangerous and some even deadly. As the night goes on, we learn more about each character and why they are willing to play this deadly game to win the money.

8. "Trust"

This movie follows a teenage girl who meets a boy online, but she soon finds out he's not who he says he is. It is more of a thriller movie, but it can definitely show you the dangers of meeting people online.

9. "One Tree Hill"

" One Tree Hill" is easily my most favorite tv show of all time. From the high school drama to the more serious social issues the show covered, it's hard not to fall in love with the characters. If you haven't already watched it, "One Tree Hill" is a must watch!

Like I said, Netflix is a blessing. I love it and they're constantly adding new stuff every month. If you ever have trouble finding something to watch, these are 9 of the best movies and shows streaming on Netflix right now.