9 Things You Know If You Live In M Street

Everyone seems to wash their clothes all at the same time

23
atu.edu

When you live on campus, you get to know different dorm buildings. I have lived in M Street for two years and here is a list of things you only know if you live in M Street.

1. Everyone seems to be in the bathroom at 10 pm

Usually the bathrooms are all full at this time with people showering so if you have to pee, you better go an hour before 10, otherwise, you are out of luck.

2. There are always items left in the bathroom

How hard is it to make sure you get everything? How can you not know that is something is missing from your shower essentials? Seriously.

3. There are always those people that stay in their rooms and never come out

I am one of those people. I am not going to hang out in the lobby. I like the quiet of my room.

4. Everyone seems to wash their clothes all at the same time

No joke. Never go on Friday afternoons or on Saturday and Sunday at noon. Everyone does their laundry then and you have no washer to put your clothes in.

5. There is always that one dryer that does not work

It is such a disappointment to come back after an hour and your clothes are not dry at all so you have to move them all to another dryer. The worse time is when you still have to go to class and discover it did not dry.

6. You have those neighbors that bang on the wall while you trying to sleep

I do not know why they are banging on the wall and I really do not want to know. I just want it to stop. I want my sleep so I can function the next day.

7. There are always those loud people

The screamers and yellers and just being plain loud. Like, I get you like to have fun with your friends but I should not be able to hear your conversations in my room.

8. You get cool name tags for your door from your RA

I have had a jar name tag that I turned into art for my room and currently have a caterpillar on my door. Its pretty cool.

9. If you are an early riser, you are a lucky duck

You have a whole bunch of quiet time in the morning and you do not have to worry about not having a washer or dryer. If you are early enough, you have all of them at your disposal.