9 Things That Happen When Your Sister Goes To Your School

Together forever never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart

146

Having a sister is like having a best friend that you can't get rid of. Especially when she chooses to go to the same University has you. I'm currently a senior at WVU and my sister is a junior here, too. We are only 11 months apart and we don't think we look alike. But, apparently, the University thinks we do. Pretty much, people confuse the two of us on campus all the time.

1. Everyone often mistakes us for twins.

Often, on campus people ask "do you have a twin?" or " There is a girl on campus that looks just like you!" Nope, that's just my younger sister.

2. Around campus, I often get called the wrong name.

Well walking on campus to class, people often wave and call us each others names. It has been going on for three years now, so we just respond and wave.

3. I often get "how rude" texts.

If by chance we don't respond to someone when they wave and call us each others name. We get the "how rude!" text. Then, we have to explain to the person that, that wasn't me that you said "Hi" too.

4. When describing what your sister looks like to someone who's never met her, the easiest thing to say is "Me."

When people ask what your sister looks like, I respond with "just like me." It's the easiest way to describe her to people because everyone already thinks you look alike.

5. When we see each other on campus, we often are wearing the same article of clothing.

Since we both own the same articles of clothing, we often wear them on the same day. I swear we never plan it, but it makes it more awkward when people see you together.

6. People often compare us to each other.

When talking to your friends or people that have seen both of us. I get told how much we look alike and then they compare us to each other.

7. People often feel the need to tell us we look alike.

I don't think people know that we have mirrors too. We don't think we look alike.

8. I get told that I'm in class I know I'm not in.

When I'm out, people will say hi and try telling me I'm in their class. When I ask "what class?," they often tell me a class that I'm not in. Usually, they have the class with my sister.

9. When you go places together people just stare.

When seen together on campus, people often just stare. They just look at us, like siblings aren't supposed to look somewhat like they are related.