9 Things Men Do That Drive Women Away

9 Things Men Do That Drive Women Away

Send me a pic?

7792
9 Things Men Do That Drive Women Away
Huffington Post

Throughout my life I have personally experienced and seen all of my girl friends deal with "no-go" types of guys. The reasons vary, but these simplistic things you might be doing in order to grab a girl's interest could possibly be having the exact opposite effect. If I'm going to be completely honest, most girls won't be willing to straight up tell you guys why you're driving us away. Here's to (hopefully) lesser amounts of awkwardness for both genders!

1. Momma Boys

Now before I offend each and every man who respects and loves his mother dearly, love and respect is not the issue here. The issue of "MB" comes into play when your girl realizes your mother is your wallet at an age where you should probably at least have a part-time job. Let me say it again louder for the people in the back, girls love it when men love their moms! But men should learn to respect their mom even more by not relying so heavily. Also, side-note: I personally am horrified watching grown men kiss their mothers on the lips, but maybe that's just me..

2. Lack Of Goal(s)

If you're wanting to go after that ambitious woman you keep seeing on your Facebook, I'm warning you right now she's probably after a man who can keep up, not somebody who will slow her down. Some women's dream is to become stay-at-home mothers, while some might say that's lack of motivation, I say that is her goal. Goals are small and/or large milestones people feel the urge to accomplish. Maybe that's becoming supervisor of the company you're currently interning at. Or maybe you just want to be married to the woman who can bait a hook and pop a cold one with you on a Sunday afternoon. Whatever it is, I can promise you any mention of a goal you are driven to accomplish is way more attractive than none.

3. Txting StylZz

*Insert 100 emoji here* Petty? Maybe. Is it still true? Extremely. I honestly believe in the power of words. Our wide variety of vocabulary should be utilized in a way to woo the person of your choosing. I can tell you right now that I will not ever be mesmerized by a man who cannot comprehend the difference of there, they're, and their. But again, this might not be every woman. Simply personal experience.

4. "Send Me A Pic"

We all know you're not asking me for a close-up picture of me showing off my shiny braces, either. That message to me is the exact equal of your telling me, "Hey, I'm a tool interested in your body. I don't care to hear about your beautiful mind." You, my friend are now getting deleted and blocked immediately. Adios, muchacho.

5. "Hey." "Hey." "Hey." "Hey."

Every hour or two, for around two weeks straight until I finally block you. This is not persistence. This is not me "playing hard to get," either. This is me, not having the desire to talk. Word of advice, if she doesn't answer after two "hey" messages, move along because maybe the next girl will. Oh, and don't become extremely psychotically outraged at the girl ignoring your messages, because you never know the reasoning. Could be as simple as her not wanting to talk. Or she has something serious going on in her life that makes social media her least important piece of life. Or maybe she's already super interested in another guy and doesn't want to lead you on. Never assume.

6. Emojis

Quit sending me the freaking eggplant and tongue emoji. *shivers* 'Nuff said.

7. Playing Too Hard To Get

Hey, we all like to be chased every once in a while. But once you stop answering my texts within a 5 hour or longer time frame every time, I'm bound to lose interest. There's a fine line in between a fun game of tag and annoyingly impossible to even gain interest.

8. Talking About Your Exes

Everyone has a crazy story on at least one of their exes, but the more you talk about her, the more I'm convinced you're definitely not over her. Not only that, but it just makes us both get into moods when we would've had a much better time just not talking about her.

9. Cockiness

Every woman loves a man with confidence.. to an extent. Please stop demeaning every guy hang around (including your friends) in order to boost yourself. Putting a damper on others will never elevate yourself in my mind. It actually has the opposite effect.