9 Things To Do During Your Interim Free Time At Wofford

Interim at Wofford is great for so many reasons. The free time we get, however, can be a blessing or a curse.

64
Everett Leigh

The most wonderful time of the year is now over, or is it? We're back from break, and we've officially started Interim at Wofford. This year is my first Interim, and I already can see why so many people are attracted to Wofford because of it. We all go to a class for three hours a day, and then we're done. Whether it is the Vegan Yogi or the Knitting class, they all give us a new hobby for the month of January.

However, one thing I've noticed is that we all have so much free time. Those words didn't even go together last semester! I have been online shopping, napping, and going out just to fill my time. But if I did this all month, I'd get soo bored. So, I've made a list of thing to do or places to go during Interim so that maybe I won't go to Krispy Kreme twice in one day—yikes.

1. Tour around Spartanburg

During our busier semesters, we don't really get to leave Wofford that much. But Glendale Shoals is about 10 minutes away, and it is absolutely beautiful. There's also really nice murals all around town, we just have to find them. You may even find a secret study spot for next semester! #perks

2. Go to Pretty Place

Pretty Place is such a gorgeous chapel overlooking the mountains in Cleveland, SC, an hour and thirty minutes from Wofford. Go here after your class gets out or even on the weekend, either way, Pretty Place is a beautiful place to go to get some fresh air and relax.

3. Movie Night with your friends

If you aren't feeling a night out—face it, we all need a break sometimes— consider a night in with some of your friends. Order pizza, do face masks and have a Netflix movie marathon. Believe me when I say that nothing is better to pass the time than that.

4. Take a day trip to a city close by

Seriously, we have a whole month of free time, we may as well take advantage of that and take other day trips. Greenville, Charlotte, and Asheville are all within two hours of Wofford. That opens up so many doors and memory-making adventures.

5. Enjoy the downtime

Maybe with all the hustle and bustle you might wanna take a break from it all. Take a break for yourself. Lay in bed, read a book, or go grab yourself a hot now donut from Krispy Kreme—you won't regret it.

6. Have a game night with your friends

Do I even need to elaborate when I say Cards Against Humanity? It's a great game night, and you'll get to know your friends on the deepest level.

7. Take a nap

You know what? Napping is king at college, even now when we have nothing to do. Take that nap, you deserve it.

8. Go to Hatcher Garden in Spartanburg

Little did I know, Spartanburg has a Woodland Preserve in town, only 2 miles from Wofford. If you're in the mood to go see some natural beauty, outside of Wofford, then take a mini trip here.

9. Find a new Netflix series

You know what, we have all the time in the world during Interim, why not use it for something we all enjoy? Binge-watch all the shows you want and feel completely guilt-free, knowing you don't have any work to worry about.