9 Signs You're Obsessed With Mac N' Cheese

It's the love of your life.

648

There is a dish. A culinary creation so magical it should be enshrined in history as one of the wonders of the world. I'm sure many of you have heard of it, and I certainly hope that all of you have had the divine honor of tasting this masterpiece yourself: macaroni and cheese.

Yes. The cheesy, carb-y creation frequently enjoyed by small children but certainly loved by adults as well. It can come in shapes and various flavors-- smoked Gouda, white cheddar, American-- and, of course, the classic sharp cheddar.

While most people like mac n' cheese, there is a collection of individuals who are unreasonably OBSESSED with it. Do you believe this might be you? Here are nine signs you're obsessed with macaroni and cheese.

1. It's your go-to order at any restaurant.

Because of this, you're often That Adult who orders it off the children's menu. God bless the waiters who are kind enough to serve you mac n' cheese even though you're clearly older than 10.

2. You get unreasonably angry when you run out of it

WHERE IS IT?!?! I KNOW I ATE THREE SINGLE-SERVE VELVEETAS LAST NIGHT BUT I KNOW I HAD AT LEAST ONE MORE LEFT!!!!!!!

3. It's basically a food group

Because of this, it's only reasonable that you have-- at the very minimum-- one serving a day. Right? RIGHT?!?!

4. You will fight anyone who suggests you eat less of it

After all, grains-- aka PASTA-- are supposed to be a big part of your diet. And you're supposed to eat dairy, so... I see no problem with my mac-n-cheese addiction.

5. Even bad mac-n-cheese is good

To me, the 99 cent boxes at the supermarket taste just as good as the 9.99 side servings at any restaurant. It's just a gift from heaven.

6. While pasta and cheese are amazing separately, they're incomparably amazing when together

I'm honestly surprised that every movie monologue about love isn't secretly directed at macaroni and cheese. Like... is it possible to love anything more?

7. You're often distracted at work/in class/during conversations because you're imagining the bowl of mac n' cheese you're going to eat later that day

If I'm ever spaced out, chances are I'm planning the fastest way to eat the most mac n' cheese as soon as I'm free from whatever my current commitment is. I find my mind is often one thought away from my favorite food in the world.

8. You also get unreasonably angry when people desecrate your sacred food

WHO PUTS KETCHUP IN MAC N' CHEESE?!?! IT'S PERFECT ALL BY ITSELF. The only thing that should ever go near mac n' cheese is MORE MAC N' CHEESE. Also, sometimes Parmesan. But ketchup?!?! NEVER.

9. You can easily eat a whole box in one sitting

Come on. It's barely even a challenge. Don't tell anyone, but often I'll eat straight out of the pot. It's nice and hot and, let's be real, I'm not letting anyone else eat any of it anyways. Might as well devour it all in one sitting.

Macaroni and cheese is truly a gift unto this earth. May we all eat plenty and bond over our love for its cheesy goodness. After all...