9 Shows to Binge Watch This Spring Break

The Golden Girls are waiting for you

27
TechNewsToday

It's finally that time of year...the time where many of us take off for the beaches and take amazing trips far, far away from our college campuses. But for some of us it entails work, family events, catching up with friends, some alone time, and just hanging out. Why not spend some of this time watching some AMAZING shows on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime? Here are _____ shows you should DEFINITELY watch!

1. Gossip Girl (netflix)

Storyline: This show follows the lives of a group of privileged teenage "best friends" on the upper east side...Serena Van Der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald, and Chuck Bass...with the help of a dear friend that goes by the name Gossip Girl. Serena is a blonde and beautiful socialite. Serena has a best friend named Blair but it's always about Serena, not Blair. Blair is dating Nate but ever since Serena gets back from boarding school he started acting weird. Chuck is just a rich, arrogant, pain in the arse. Daniel Humphrey is THE lonely boy from Brooklyn, New York who nobody knows, along with his sister Jenny. Just who is Gossip Girl?

2. The Crown (netflix)

Storyline: A Netflix original series, this show focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a young 25-year-old newlywed. She is faced with the intimidating job of leading the world's most famous monarchy. It's the beginning of a new era as a woman takes the throne. The British Empire is starting to take a turn for the worse, the political world is a mess...what will Queen Elizabeth II do?

3. The Collection (Amazon Prime)

Storyline: An Amazon Prime original series, The Collection follows the fashion label of Paul Sabine, owned by two brothers. Set in France just after WWII, the fashion label is set with the task to restore Paris as the world's fashion capital. Dark secrets threaten to ruin the label at any moment. Is this show really just about fashion? Or is there more hiding beneath the surface of Paul Sabine?

4. Doctor Who (Amazon Prime)

Storyline: The Doctor, is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. He travels through time and space in his ship the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimensions In Space) with his companions. Every so often he regenerates into a new form...which is how the show has been running since 1963. Follow The Doctor on his many journeys!

5. Shadowhunters (hulu)

Storyline: Based off the young adult fantasy book series by Cassandra Clare. Clary Fray is just a normal teenager living in Brooklyn with her mother...or so she thought. One day, she discovers that she comes from a line of Shadowhunters; humans born with angelic blood that fight to protect the mundane (human) world from downworlders (demons). After her mother is kidnapped, Clary must team up with three Shadowhunters: Jace, Alec and Isabelle and her best friend Simon on a quest to find her mother and protect the world all while recovering her past.

6. Stitchers (hulu)

Storyline: Stitchers follows Kirsten, who has been recruited into a government agency to be "stitched" into the memories of people that have recently died to investigate murders and mysteries that would otherwise be unsolved. Her roommate, Camille, is a computer science grad student, is also recruited to assist Kirsten as a "stitcher". Maggie heads the program. It also includes Cameron,a brilliant neuro-scientist that assists Kirsten in the secret program, and Linus, a bio-electrical engineer and communications technician.

7. Golden Girls (hulu)

Storyline: The Golden Girls is based on the lives and interactions of four older women who have all been divorced/widowed, and are now roommates...Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Dorothy's mom Sophia. Blanche is with a new man every episode. Rose is corny and lovable. Dorothy is sarcastic and witty. Sophia says whatever comes to her mind. I can only imagine what these four get into!

8. Stranger Things (netflix)

Storyline: A Netflix original series. In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child, Will. Then Eleven appears out of almost nowhere. This all begins to pull at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and almost supernatural take over the town while a few locals start to realize there is more going on than meets the eye.

9. Sherlock (Netflix)

Storyline: In this modern version of the Conan Doyle characters, using his detective plots, Sherlock Holmes lives in early 21st century London. Sherlock is witty, sarcastic, and very clever. He is able to solve almost any mystery, specifically deaths. His partner, John Watson, has a blog all about Sherlock and their adventures. Follow them and see if you can solve the cases with Sherlock!