Have you ever seen those couples who just seem like they are literal GOALS ? Do you ever wonder just how "goals" you and your significant other actually are? Meant to be one of my more comical pieces, this Odyssey article puts forth 9 signs that will help you determine just how "goals" you and your partner actually are. In other words, you know you and your significant other are literally relationship goals when:
1. You've gotten used to sharing your favorite foods with each other
Now, those of you who know me well know that I love Godiva chocolate more than a lot of things in life. In fact, I love Godiva chocolate so much that I used to have it all for myself, rather than share it with anyone else. Rude, I know, but the fact that I'm able to share such a large amount of my Godiva chocolates so willingly with my significant other nowadays definitely says a lot about our relationship, and I mean A LOT.
2. You're both suddenly interested in the same kinds of activities.
Hey, I'm now obsessed with playing "Pokemon GO" and eating fatty foods, and I'm not afraid to admit it!
3. You can be out in public with each other while wearing sweatpants, a t-shirt, and glasses, and they'll still adore you
4. It only takes a few seconds after you two have a fight for the both of you to go back to cuddling again.
No matter what they do, you just can't stay mad at them. Besides, cuddling makes everything better, right?
5. Everyone else can see that you truly care about each other just by looking at the two of you together.
Now I'm only using this recent picture of my boyfriend and me together because it's the best example I can use to show you what I mean. This was actually a screenshot taken from my most recently uploaded YouTube video, and I absolutely adore it! Also, if you want to watch that video I'm talking about, you can go ahead and click on it below! Did I just promote my own YouTube channel? I think so!
6. You communicate with each other about everything.
I've learned a lot of valuable lessons about relationships from my current boyfriend, but if there's one that will always stick with me, it's that communication is essential when it comes to maintaining a healthy relationship. Honestly, don't ever be afraid to tell your significant other what's bothering you, or to tell them that you miss them every once in awhile. Trust me, communicating with your partner about how you truly feel is only going to make your relationship stronger in the long run.
7. You've become better people because of your relationship
I never used to like sharing my food with others, nor did I ever truly realize that you don't need everything in the world to be
until I met my current boyfriend. And it's because of the fact that he continues to make me a happier, better person every day that I know my life wouldn't be the same without him.
8. You're with each other constantly, even when you're apart
Even when the two of you are apart, the text messages and hour-long phone calls between the two of you make it seem as if you never even parted in the first place.
9. You've seen each other at your best and worst and still want everything to do with each other.
People who are willing to love and accept you for the real you are very hard to find nowadays. Just remember that.