8 Reasons Why You Should Go To Liberty University

3061

Dear High School Student,

If you still don’t know what you’re going to do after graduation, you do not need to worry, there is a place for you. You might be a little nervous because you’re about to start a new phase of your young life. I understand that, and I must say that yes, it is a new phase and there’s nothing wrong with being nervous. But don’t worry, it’s going to be a beautiful part of your life! And I know exactly where you should spend those four years of College. Let me introduce you the eight reasons why you should go to Liberty University!

1. Spiritual Support

Let’s start off with the most important thing: spiritual support. College is a place where you are away from your parents, and in most cases, away from your home church, as well. You can be sure that at Liberty that’s not something you should be worried about. You are going to be surrounded by people who are going to pray for you even if you don’t ask them to. You can be in line to buy a coffee at Starbucks and if someone sees you a little down, he or she is going to pray for you right then and there! You might think that this is a little extreme, but when it comes to prayer, Liberty students know how effective it is. Besides, we have the campus pastors there for us whenever we need someone to talk to. Prayer groups are each week and you get to pray and encourage your hallmates while you enjoy fellowship.

2. Convocation

We have the largest gathering of Christian college students in the world! And we get to do this three times a week. It’s an awesome time of worship and learning. Campus Band is an amazing worship team with very cool people. They are students as well who have the opportunity to lead us in worship at Convo. After the worship session, we have a guest, speaker. This semester we have had interesting speakers such as best-selling author Karen Kingsbury, "Duck Dynasty" stars Korie and Sadie Robertson, Senator Bernie Sanders, and the International Mission Board (IMB) president David Platt, among others.

3. The professors are your friends

Before every class, professors choose to pray and even take your prayer requests. They are going to be there for you whenever you need them; not only for your academic things but also for whatever you need. Some of them can even become your temporary mom or dad.

4. The diversity of cultures

Liberty University has around 900 international students from over 80 foreign countries. You could have international students with different backgrounds and a lot of interesting stories to hear from. Who knows - you might go to the Bahamas over spring break to your friend’s house!

5. Student Activities

You will have a lot of homework and papers to submit, but I promise that you will not get bored! Liberty offers a ton of activities for you to relax and forget about school for a little bit. Sometimes it is a concert, a Lord of the Rings marathon, a karaoke night…and some other times they just bring puppies and coloring books. It’s always something new and fun!

6. You are free to be yourself

Liberty students are friendly, kind, they genuinely care about you, and they don’t judge others. Everybody is free to be themselves without the need of pretending to be someone that they are not. The question, “How are you?” might be answered with, “I am frustrated,” “I want to give up,” or “I need help.” Students have no need to hide behind the “I’m fine” disguise.

7. “I came here to serve.”

Students live up their self-proclaimed servant-leadership lifestyle. From holding the door for others to going downtown to feed the poor, students enjoy serving others. And once you start to go to Liberty, you’re going to want to serve others as well. It is contagious!

8. The Landscapes

Last but not least, it's landscapes! Lynchburg may be a small town, but it has most of the beautiful landscapes I have ever seen. Main campus is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a refreshing view in every season. The sunsets are just gorgeous and something that can’t be really described! I don’t know anybody who hasn't fallen in love when the sun hides behind the horizon, painting the sky with strong and warm colors.