9 Reasons Why One Tree Hill's Nathan Scott Is The Bad Boy We All Loved

One Tree Hill wouldn't have been the same without number 23.

11
Bing Images

One Tree Hill his the nail on the head when it came to an edgy, emotional teenager that hit early-2000s kids right in the feelings. It was the perfect drama for the height of emo music that tackled teenage situations. Fans love the situations, drama, relationships, characters, and everything that this show wrapped up into one. However, this show would have not been the same without Nathan Scott, and here are all of the reasons we loved, and still love, him.

1. His confidence

Cockiness? Confidence? Regardless of how you looked at it, he had it and it made us love him even more.

2. His playfulness

It may have started out as a joke, but how he would joke with Haley made us all wish we were her.

3. His ability to change

Enter Haley - this bad boy and mean kid all of a sudden shows his soft side when the right girl comes along. And we all swoon because of it.

4. His attitude

How he treats his dad with pure attitude, rightfully so, shows us that a tough outer exterior is sometimes necessary.

5. His athleticism

Every high school girl loves a jock and Nathan Scott was the jockiest jock of all. Not only was he athletic, but he knew he was the best basketball player in town, and it made him even hotter.

6. Every girl wanted him

Sure, Peyton had him at the beginning, and then Haley swooped him up and locked him down, but there wasn't one girl who didn't love him (except Haley at the beginning).

7. How he got away with everything

Yes, when he was at his jerkiest, he got away with everything. That's the power of having a powerful daddy and ugh, we loved to hate it and hated to love it.

8. His IDGAF attitude about everything but basketball

Family problems. Parties. School. Nothing mattered but basketball and to be honest, we all wanted to be the ones who changed that.

9. How much he really did care underneath it all

When all was said and done, all Nathan needed was someone to show him that it's okay to be a good person and to care. When he finally did become a better person, we all fell in love with him.