9 Reasons To Smile After A Rough Week Of Hurricanes, Floods And School

In light of the recent events that have hit places like Texas and Florida, there should still be a reason for everyone to smile today.

68

In light of the recent events going on from the flooding in Texas to Hurricane Irma that just hit Florida, it can be hard to stay positive. Below is a list of reasons to smile today in spite of whatever kind of week you may have had.

1. You have family members who love you and are there for you in difficult times.

It's important to appreciate those who show you kindness every day. Now, you may disagree at times or get into arguments over who ate the last of your favorite snack, but at the end of the day, your family has your back.

2. Puppies exist.

Who doesn't smile at the thought of that?

3. If you are reading this you have WiFi, and a good WiFi connection helps make for a good day.

Because we live in a society hooked on electronic devices and high speed internet, it's great to be able to connect and chill.

4. Today is a new day filled with countless possibilities.

Whether you've had a great day yesterday or not, every new day is another start. Make use of the time while you still have it.

5. A presidential term only lasts four years.

Only three more years and he'll HAVE to leave office.

6. You have friends who make you laugh.

Everyone has at least one person in their life who helps brighten there day. And hey, you may be that person in someone else's life too.

7. Binge watching is a popular norm now.

Thanks to Netflix, watching an entire season of your favorite show in just one day is perfectly normal now. There's no reason to feel bad when you look at the clock and realize it's been several hours since you sat down and started watching.

8. Stop and think about the things you appreciate most.

There are a multitude of things to be thankful for today. Even if it is a random act of kindness a stranger showed you or the fact that you are in good health, it is nice to take a moment to appreciate even the little things.

9. Smile at someone and brighten their day!

Simply giving someone a kind smile as you walk by is enough to brighten someone's day. Smiles are contagious so spread the joy of warm-hearted gesture towards those around you.