9 Reasons The Lego Movie Is The Best Animated Movie Of The Decade

"Everything is awesome!"

83
DigitalArts

1. Energy

From the first frame to the last, "The Lego Movie" doesn't lose a spark of energy. More than an hour and a half of excitement offers a movie experience unlike anything else.

2. Humor

To be quite honest, "The Lego Movie" was one of the funniest movies I saw in 2014. The humor is absolutely ridiculous, but it works perfectly for the world they set up for the audience. Children and adults alike can enjoy the funny moments in the movie.

3. Themes

It's pretty refreshing to sit down to watch a "children's movie" and see some mature themes. "The Lego Movie" covers themes such as government corruption, the dangers of capitalism, and privacy infringement.

4. Message

The primary message found in "The Lego Movie" is that everybody is special and to express creativity. How could you not like something like that?

5. Familiar Actors

It's always fun to see a movie where all of your favorite actors collaborate to make one great project. Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Dave Franco, Nick Offerman, Cobie Smulders, Alison Brie, Charlie Day, and even Shaquille O'Neal all make appearances in "The Lego Movie".

6. References

References from "Harry Potter", "The Lord of the Rings", "Star Wars", and many more are seen throughout "The Lego Movie". Not only does the cast make for a fun movie, but the references do as well.

7. Animation Style

Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller made their animation with computers. However, their goal was to make it look like it was made stop-motion style with actual legos. Lord and Miller mightily succeeded, and "The Lego Movie" has a very distinct look.

8. Lack of Recognition from the Academy

Leonardo DiCaprio has become one of the most famous stars in Hollywood for his work in beloved movies like "Titanic" and "Wolf of Wall Street". What has also contributed to his fame, unfortunately, is his lack of the prestigious Oscar. Despite being nominated five times for the award, DiCaprio hasn't ever won. Similarly, "The Lego Movie" didn't come home with a single Oscar. But it was nominated for one award: Best song. After not even being nominated for "Best Animated Feature Film of the Year" by the Academy, that makes this movie even better.

9. Imagery

Hundreds of Lego figures are constantly dancing, and colors pop off of the screen. Without 3-D glasses "The Lego Movie" still comes to life and is always in your face.

Notable Animation Movies from the 2010s:

2010

"Despicable Me", "How to Train Your Dragon", "Toy Story 3"*

2011

"Rango"*, "Kung Fu Panda 2", "The Adventures of Tintin"

2012

"Brave"*, "It's Such a Beautiful Day", "Wreck-It Ralph"

2013

"Frozen"*, "Monsters University", "The Wind Rises"

2014

"Big Hero 6"*, "Boxtrolls", "How to Train Your Dragon 2"

2015

"Inside Out", "The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water"

* Academy Award-winning Best Animated Feature Film