9 Reason Why I Hate Our Generation

9 Reason Why I Hate Our Generation

The best generation there ever was, but we're actually the worst.

802
9 Reason Why I Hate Our Generation

1. If social media said it, it must be true.

Our generation is full of so many sources of information, but social media is the one that we know and use the most. We see things on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, and automatically assume that it must be true. We don’t research the facts often times. We go and post or repost, and then find out that whatever was said is false information. It truly baffles me how much people believe what is on social media nowadays.

2. We make EVERYTHING a race issue.

“He did it to me because I’m black.” “She said that because I’m white.” “They did this because I’m Hispanic.” People don’t do things anymore just because they simply don’t like you. People don’t do things because you did something wrong to them first. It is literally always a race issue now. I can’t even look in the wrong direction without it being a race issue.

3. We expect praise for everything we do.

People get awards for trying. Seriously? “You tried, so here’s a ribbon.” No. We shouldn’t have to feel like because we tried, we did something good and deserve an award. If you came in 10 th place out of 10 people, why the heck do you deserve an award? Clearly, you suck. Get better, and try again next time. Don’t sit there and expect an award and praise for trying. Make yourself better, and stop expecting to be awarded for everything you do in life.

4. We’re a bunch of sensitive little pansies.

We can’t seem to take jokes is what it comes down to. It is almost as if we can throw flames, but can’t take them back. You can go ahead and joke about other people on social media, but when someone says something about you, you just lose it. Then you claim that the person was bullying you. Why the hell are we so sensitive to jokes? Why are we crying and killing ourselves over something that someone said to us? Why can’t we just take what people say with a grain of salt and let it be? We need to stop being so sensitive about every little thing.

5. We don’t know much, but are so opinionated.

This one is kinda going back to believing everything we see on social media. Our generation knows almost nothing about the upcoming presidential elections; BUT we have such strong opinions. All we know is that Hillary is an idiot, Trump is a racist asshole, and Bernie Sanders is Jewish. That’s really about it. We aren’t truly informed on what each candidate has proposed, and the pros and cons of each person. Even though we know almost nothing about these elections (besides what we see on social media, of course), we feel like we know everything. We feel like we know who the best president would be based on what Twitter and Facebook tell us, rather than by watching debates and rallies.

6. We have commitment issues.

People don’t date anymore. They just “talk” and then end. We don’t want relationships for some reason. We just wanna go out and drink, then have sex, and then do the same thing the next night with someone new. Why the heck can’t we just settle for one person? What is so wrong with that? Especially if the person is so great, and you like him or her a lot. We’re scared of commitment. We don’t want to be tied down to one person; but then we expect the world from that person that we refuse to actually date. And when we do start dating someone, we cheat on them over and over and over again. We cheat, and then act like everything is okay. The norms have become “talking, not dating,” and “Dating, but cheating.”

7. There is almost no respect anymore.

We walk through a door and forget to hold it for the elderly man behind us. We make fun of handicapped people. We don’t use basic mannerisms such as “please” and “thank you.” If someone is dating the same gender, you automatically hate them. When did we become so rude? When did we stop being kind and courteous to others? When will our respect come back?

8. We wouldn’t be able to go a day without technology.

We are always on our phones. In bed, in the bathroom, in the car, at work, at school- everywhere. No matter what, we are always texting, tweeting, or posting away. You go to dinner with your friends, and you see their foreheads lit up with the phone screen backlight more than you see their actual faces. We can’t enjoy a simple conversation anymore without pulling out our phones to text something to someone else. Technology has taken over, and we are falling victim to it.

9. We expect instant gratification for everything

“I just did a good job. Give me money immediately.”

“I just did 5 minute abs. Where are my abs?”

We don’t seem to understand that success is a long path. We expect to see results from our work right away.