9 Movies That Set Your Spring Break Expectations High

The perfect movies to get you in a beachy state of mind.

59

Spending spring break on the beach with your friends can be one of the most memorable and fun times. You may even wish it was like the movies! These movies set on the beach are the perfect way to get in the beachy state of mind.

1. "Just Go With It"

Because not only does this movie set expectations high with the beautiful resort the family stays at, but who doesn’t imagine that they look like Brooklyn Decker while walking out of the ocean? #Goals. Am I right?

2. "The Notebook"

Because this is such a romantic, sweet scene of the movie of them playing in the waves, and if Ryan Gosling is a bird, I want to be one, too.

3. "Spring Breakers"

OK, so for besides a few parties in this movie, I’m not sure anyone would actually want to have a spring break like theirs, but hey, who doesn't love Selena Gomez? Let’s use this movie as a reminder to not go too crazy on spring break.

4. "Dear John"

Because if you ever dropped your purse in the ocean, you would hope Channing Tatum would be the one to dive in and be your hero. Remember, wherever you are for spring break, if you just hold your thumb up to the moon it will always be the same size.

5. "22 Jump Street"

Not only does this movie show a crazy spring break beach party, but let’s all hope to meet a guy who looks like Channing Tatum on the beach

6. "The Last Song"

Watching Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus in "The Last Song" never gets old. From the carnival on the pier and driving and singing “She Will Be Loved” together to watching the baby sea turtles hatch on the beach and playing in the ocean waves, their summer fling will always be one of our favorites. Wishes of baby sea turtles and lots of hot guys playing volleyball on the beach like Liam Hemsworth for your spring break.

7. "The Little Mermaid"

Because at one point or another you’ve thought about making a mermaid tail out of sand for yourself. Vacation goal: Become a mermaid.

8. "Safe Haven"

Yet another love story that takes place on the beach.

9. "Aquamarine"

Not only does this movie feature another mermaid, but also the funny, relatable friendship of Claire and Hailey. We all know we have moments with our best friend just like theirs. So, hopefully, you make the most of your spring break with your best friends full of funny and embarrassing moments you’ll never forget!

Have a fun spring break, everyone!