9 Things I learned From Watching "Bridesmaids" Instead Of Doing My Homework

It's one of the best films ever made.

75
Bustle

Recently, I discovered that my roommate had never seen the classic film, Bridesmaids. Of course, I showed her the light. While I was watching this film again (I don’t remember how many times I have seen this movie) I realized how glorious of a film it is.

I learned quite a bit from watching it again, such as:

1.) Friendship conquers all

Annie (Kristen Wiig) and Lillian (Maya Rudolph) have been friends since they were children. Even if the two are in totally different stages of their lives, the two women are intertwined. When Lillian goes missing and no one can find her, Annie can even if they had just been fighting. It didn’t matter if Annie had been brawling with another bridesmaid the entire movie, or if Lillian had told Annie that she was no longer welcome at her wedding. Their friendship prevailed, like all true friendships will.

2.) Women can be funny too

Even though we should all already know that women can be just as funny (and even funnier) than men, it still seems to be very hard for women to be taken seriously as comedians. With a mostly female cast, Bridesmaids showcases the various talents that female comedians have. Bridesmaids is raunchy without being cruel, and hilarious without being stupid. It’s a great light for females.

3.) Don't forget who you are

Lillian gets caught up in the glamour of her wealthy friend and wedding planning. In the process of doing so, she forgets all that she truly loves. In doing so, she not only ends up having a ceremony that her family can’t afford, but also she neglects her friendship with Annie. She ignored who she was and what she wanted, and ended up regretting it. Once she reconnected with Annie, she could focus on who she was and what she wanted. She was happy when she was being herself, and you should be happy being yourself too.

4.) Always get tattoos in safe, clean environments

Mexican Drinking Worm? Enough said.

5.) Never settle

The other bridesmaids in this film were so underrated. Rita (Wendi McLendon-Covey) and Becca (Ellie Kemper) taught me not to settle for anything less than what I want. I “smell like pine needles and have a face like sunshine” and I can do anything that I want to.

6.) Don't feel sorry for yourself

Megan (Melissa McCarthy) was bullied in high school. Now she works for the government. She didn’t stop to feel sorry for herself, and I shouldn’t either. The line “You’re your problem, Annie, and your solution,” actually spoke to me on a spiritual level.

7.) If you want something, go after it

Speaking of Megan, she knew that she wanted Air Marshal John (Ben Falcone, who McCarthy is married to in real life) so she went after him. At the end of the film, they did some freaky stuff with a sandwich. Your risks can bring you rewards.

8.) Don't associate with people who don't care about you

Do you have someone in your life who you consistently pour yourself into while they treat you terribly? Walk away from them like Annie walked away from Ted.

9.) How to get someone's attention

Drive by them topless, pretending to drink, or while you’re littering. Finally, if none of that works, rear end them with your car.

Bridesmaids is truly one of the best comedy movies that I've seen. If you have not yet watched it yet, do yourself a favor and check it out. You'll learn a lot, and you'll laugh even more.