9 Things I’ve Learned So Far In College

9 Things I’ve Learned So Far In College

College is nothing like high school.

177
9 Things I’ve Learned So Far In College
Flickr Creative Commons

1. College is nothing like high school.

College is so different than high school because you don’t go all day and sometimes you don’t even go every day. It might seem easier but it’s actually harder.

2. There is no “I” in "college."

By that what I mean unlike high school you can not go through college alone!!! And yes it’s hard to get out there and make friends that you don’t even know but I can bet you that you’ll end up finding people with the same struggles and likening as you!!!

3. You need your parents on your side.

When I was in high school I didn’t talk to my parents much or had hardly anything to do with them. But when I got into college I started really missing them cause with my attitude I kind of pushed them away!!! And I just really learned over these past few weeks how valuable family truly is!!

4. You will miss home.

I got the blessing of going to a community college at home so I still stay at home. But when I was in high school all I wanted to do is stay out I hardly ever wanted to go home (but I always did) and now that’s all I want to do is go home!!! Like every week I look forward to Fridays because I don’t have any classes I just get to stay home all day!!!

5. Sleep is very valuable.

Use too every night I would get like 8 to 11 hours of sleep well these past couple of weeks not so much I’ve been getting more like 0-9 hours of sleep every night I have probably had already like 10 sleepless nights. And I really realized how important sleep is in college!!!

6. Time flies.

I feel like last week I just started college and here it is in the next couple of weeks mid-terms!As someone once told me time fly’s when you're having fun and I’ve learned that!!!!

7. College is pretty expensive.

I just could not get over how expensive college really is!! But I’m so thankful that I got this scholarship and that it covers everything but my fees and books!! And just think of how Many people can not go to college because they do not have the money!!

8. Money does not grow on trees.

So do not take a course that you know you do not need or One that does not go with what your major is.

9. Time is priceless.

Do not take a class that you think is too much for you. Because the last thing you want to do is to sign up for a class knowing good and well that is too much for you or is too hard because you don’t want to wast that money.