9 Classes We All Wish Existed

9 Classes We All Wish Existed

Ditch the boring core classes for once.

465
9 Classes We All Wish Existed

In high school you have more class options than you did in middle school, and in college you have even more. It can be somewhat overwhelming looking at the list of hundreds of classes, and figuring out which ones you need to take. Besides core classes, there are some "fun" ones you can take to fulfill electives or requirements. But, even when you've inspected all of them, there's always something missing. Here are some college courses we all wish existed.

1. Dorm Nutrition

When you're in a small dorm room with no kitchen, you get pretty creative. We need a class that teaches you how to make more than Ramen, Popcorn and Easy Mac without breaking the bank. We all need to learn.

2. How to Socialize

Everyone was an awkward freshman once, and probably could have used this course. It's scary coming to a new place and having to find people you can be completely comfortable with. This course would teach you how to reach out, make friends, and get along with people like your roommates. It's natural for some people, but we hate those people.

3. Staying Organized

College turns into a big, giant mess sometimes. You're so busy that your room, notes, and mind are all tangled and need help. It's inevitable. It'd be nice to have someone showing you small ways of how to keep it together.

4. Puppy Playtime

Not only is this a way to teach kids responsibility, but you get to be surrounded by puppies. It's good for your mental health, and you learn what it's like to be in charge of another life. Win-Win situation.

5. How to Dress

Some of us put effort into our appearance now and again, but we mostly live in sweatshirts and running shorts. Or pajamas. We need someone to show us what to wear for certain occasions we aren't familiar with, like a job interview or representing your school for something. Maybe we'd see some changes across campus.

6. Staying Current

This is not just a current events class. This is a course where you keep track of everything that is happening in news. Weather, Politics, even what the Kardashians did yesterday. It's a way to keep up to speed with literally everything that's happening. Some of us are pretty oblivious.

7. Nap Class

This is essential. A class where the whole room is beds, no lights, and pure relaxation. It's like the end of yoga where you lay on your back for 5 minutes, but better. Sure your dorm is 10 minutes away, but your roommate(s) take over the room and the hallways are so loud. Trust me, we just need this, okay?

8. Basic Adulting 101

Now that you're over eighteen (or almost there), it's time to be an adult. But how are we supposed to know what to do? Most of us can't do basic things like sew a button or do your taxes or pay bills. We spend most of our money on Chipotle to be completely honest, so we know nothing about the real world.

9. Finding a Career Interest

There's three kinds of people in college. The ones who know what they want to study and what career they want. They have their life together. Then there's the ones who know what to study, but no clue what to do with that. They're okay. Then there's the ones who have no idea what they heck they're doing, and that's who this is for.

We need these courses to survive the world out there. Take my advice, colleges, and you'll have attendance shoot up (and maybe some GPAs also...hopefully).