25 '80s Songs That Are Guaranteed To Cure Your Stress

These '80s classics will make you happier.
91

Okay, I have two essays due on Wednesday, my Calculus III homework due on Monday, and I have to study for the next Organic Chemistry exam on Friday. I should probably remember to eat at some point and then I have to run to my Sorority Chapter meeting.

This is the typical schedule that runs through a college student's head all week long. When will I do this? I need to do that too and try to get ahead. It's stressful and arguably necessary to manage your time and assignments throughout your college career. However, what is not necessary, is to fall into emotional turmoil and therefore you need to take a break.

I, myself, am a victim of college stress and have found a suitable treatment that has helped in relaxing and remembering to be happy even when I'm drowning in school work. And yes, it is indeed: 80's music.

Some people will say that it was the worst decade of music due to the bad hairstyles, psychedelic music videos and down right distasteful fashion outfits. However, no one can argue that at least one of these songs will have you singing along and reminding you that the next exam you have coming up will be okay, you are capable of owning it.

Here's a list of my favorite '80s songs, and yes, save "Friday I'm in Love" for Friday. (Also, I know Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac are from the '70s, but I couldn't help myself.)

1. "Shout" by Tears for Fears

2. "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" by Tears for Fears

3. "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League

4. "She Drives me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals

5. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds

6. "Take on Me" by a-ha

7. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles

8. "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode

9. "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode

10. "West End Girls" by Pet Shop Boys

11. "It's a Sin" by Pet Shop Boys

12. "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure

13. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" by Pink Floyd

14. "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure

15. "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac

16. "Holiday" by Madonna

17. "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel

18. "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks

19. "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac

20. "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister

21. "Joy to the World (Jeremiah Was a Bull Frog)" by Three Dog Night

22. "99 Luftballons" by Nena

23. "Like a Prayer" by Madonna

24. "Come on Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners

25. "Under Pressure" by Queen