Okay, I have two essays due on Wednesday, my Calculus III homework due on Monday, and I have to study for the next Organic Chemistry exam on Friday. I should probably remember to eat at some point and then I have to run to my Sorority Chapter meeting.
This is the typical schedule that runs through a college student's head all week long. When will I do this? I need to do that too and try to get ahead. It's stressful and arguably necessary to manage your time and assignments throughout your college career. However, what is not necessary, is to fall into emotional turmoil and therefore you need to take a break.
I, myself, am a victim of college stress and have found a suitable treatment that has helped in relaxing and remembering to be happy even when I'm drowning in school work. And yes, it is indeed: 80's music.
Some people will say that it was the worst decade of music due to the bad hairstyles, psychedelic music videos and down right distasteful fashion outfits. However, no one can argue that at least one of these songs will have you singing along and reminding you that the next exam you have coming up will be okay, you are capable of owning it.
Here's a list of my favorite '80s songs, and yes, save "Friday I'm in Love" for Friday. (Also, I know Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac are from the '70s, but I couldn't help myself.)
1. "Shout" by Tears for Fears
2. "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" by Tears for Fears
3. "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League
4. "She Drives me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals
5. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds
6. "Take on Me" by a-ha
7. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles
8. "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
9. "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode
10. "West End Girls" by Pet Shop Boys
11. "It's a Sin" by Pet Shop Boys
12. "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure
13. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" by Pink Floyd
14. "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure
15. "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac
16. "Holiday" by Madonna
17. "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel
18. "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks
19. "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac
20. "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister
21. "Joy to the World (Jeremiah Was a Bull Frog)" by Three Dog Night
22. "99 Luftballons" by Nena
23. "Like a Prayer" by Madonna
24. "Come on Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners
25. "Under Pressure" by Queen