40 Movies Of The 80's You Have To See

40 Movies Of The 80's You Have To See

You may have been sleeping on some of these classics.

1435
40 Movies Of The 80's You Have To See
Keegan Evans

We all know the usual 80s movies that air on daytime television, like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Sixteen Candles" and "Goonies". What about all the other classics? Make a list, and have a marathon! Trust me, your parents will thank me for this one. Enjoy the movies and their associated gifs!

1. The Breakfast Club

How could I not make this number one? After watching this movie, you may just want to land yourself a detention to see if you'll have as memorable a Saturday as these five teenagers did.

2. Pretty in Pink

As an alternative to the favorite "Sixteen Candles", Molly Ringwald wins our hearts over in this class '80s film. No other movie male comes close to the Duckman.

3. Back to the Future

If you haven't seen all three of this movie franchise, you need to seriously get your life together. Marty McFly never gets old.

4. Footloose

If you've seen the remake without seeing the original, you've truly sinned. The original soundtrack is also better, just saying.

5. Ghostbusters

Absolute classic. No offense ladies, no one will ever be able to top this cast dynamic. Akroyd, Murray, Ramis, and Hudson, not to mention Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts? Truly beautiful.

6. The Princess Bride

This is one of the most iconic films of all time. The tactical brilliance of the script alone is enough to keep fans coming back for more. This movie takes chivalry to a whole new level.

7. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Really all the Indiana Jones films are grade A, but Harrison Ford is the best. Who else gets to say they've played two of the most iconic characters in two major film franchises?

8. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

A sexy, silly and super Spicoli-filled, this film will stick with you.

9. The Lost Boys

This is the most eighties-Halloween movie I have ever seen. Corey Feldman and Kiefer Sutherland? Sign me the heck up.

10. Heathers

Even if you only watch it once, Winona Ryder and Christian Slater are crazy-amazing.

11. Beetlejuice

If you don't say it three times, are you even a real fan? This is a spooky one and may not be suitable for younger viewers, but it's so great. Can't go a year without watching Beetlejuice.

12. Weird Science

Sometimes it bewilders to find that so many people have never seen this film. Not only is there the fantastic track by wonderful one-hit-wonder-band "Oingo Boingo" but also, there is a hot supermodel, a biker gang and bullies who learn their place. What's not to love?

13. St. Elmo's Fire

Similar to The Breakfast Club, you may wish to have a crazy group of unstable friends like in this movie. Featuring more members of the Brat Pack, Emilio Estevez returns for us and we get to enjoy Rob Lowe in several tank tops.

14. Return of the Jedi

Again, all the Star Wars Movies are gems, but this one is a particular favorite.

15. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

With all the makings of a children's film, this movie actually has several adult tones. Jessica Rabbit really changed the game.

16. Caddyshack

There are so many scenes in this movie that are worth referencing. If you understand them all, that's a hole in one!

17. Adventures in Babysitting

There will never be a more badass babysitter than Chris Parker. Don't F*** with the babysitter!

18. Gremlins

Seemingly creepy, Furby-looking, furry little creatures somehow take over the world? It's a must-see. Gizmo was a real one.

19. One Crazy Summer

I could make an entirely separate article about my favorite John Cusack movies. I'll try and just stick to this one for now. Grab your popcorn and take a seat, this movie is a wild ride.

20. Real Genius

Speaking of popcorn...you'll want to put on your lab goggles for this one.

21. Weekend at Bernie's

Another great one featuring Andrew Mccarthy (the heartthrob from "Pretty in Pink")

22. Dirty Dancing

You'll have the time of your life watching this.

23. Good Morning, Vietnam

Relive Robin Williams' comedic genius with this fantastic film.

24. The Blues Brothers

If you take nothing from this list except this movie and "Ghostbusters", I will be totally okay with that.

25. Xanadu

What do you mean Olivia Newton-John isn't actually a goddess? Or a muse? Or both?

26. Dead Poets Society

Trigger warning for this one. If you can handle it, don't forget the tissues. Brilliance and tragedy often go hand in hand.

27. Flash Gordon

There are some movies you may not understand on this list. Lump this one in with "Xanadu".

28. Grease 2

Way better than the first one, in my truly honest opinion.

29. The Sure Thing

I broke the John Cusack rule, but also, I will never stop equating the name 'Elliot' with 'the kid who eats paste'.

30. Valley Girl

For the love of Nicholas Cage, watch this movie.

31. Stripes

Bill Murray and Harold Ramis, back at it again.

32. Some Kind of Wonderful

John Hughes was a genius. Mary Stuart Masterson is the best.

33. Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt? Sign me up.

34. Cannonball Run

Lump this in with "Caddyshack" and the "Blues Brothers", because the cast in all these films is amazing.

35. Heaven Help Us

A bunch of prep-school boys and a love story. Andrew Mccarthy makes a return once again. Also, young Patrick Dempsey.

36. Scrooged

This is more of a spin on the Christmas tale but is the best rendition.

37. Breakin'

The first ever step-up movie.

38. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Steve Martin and John Candy will have you peeing your pants.

39. Die Hard

Bruce Willis made this series as iconic as possible and he did not bore us for a second.

40. Coming to America

I had to put Eddie Murphy on this list.