8 Movies From The 80's That Will Make You Cry

Here are some 80s films that you may have missed, or made your list. No matter what, you will thank me for this.

3304
YouTube

Tear-jerkers, comedy, some films with truth, and some with proof.

1. Terms Of Endearment (1983)

My favorite movie of all time. Debra Winger gives an amazing performance as the daughter who had not listened to her mama, getting into a marriage that did not go in the direction she anticipated.

She always goes back to her mother, no matter where she is. Shirley Maclaine kills her performance as always being there for her only daughter. Lessons learned, and no more fighting. You will cry, I guarantee.

2. At Close Range (1986)

Here, Sean Penn plays a boy named Brad. He is the favored son in his family and the hardest working. When his father (Christopher Walken) organizes a crime gang for both brothers, that is where the problems arise.

Please watch it if you had not already. Mary Stuart Masterson plays Brad Whitewood's girlfriend. Make sure you have the tissues ready. Oh, and this is based on a true story.

3. The Accused (1988)

Jodie Foster is just on fire in her role of Sarah Tobias, a victim who was brutally raped by three men in a bar, provoked by many more men in the bar.

This whole movie is difficult to watch. My suggestion is to view it as f*cked up, as it should be. Academy Award goes to Jodie Foster, hands down.

4. Some Kind Of Wonderful (1987)

Mary Stuart Masterson and Eric Stoltz play the bestest of friends. Little did Stoltz's character know anything about how much he meant to her.

Sad thing is, just the ending. Don't click if you hate spoilers.

5. Beaches (1988)

I always wished I had a pen pal and a fan from the start.

Never would I wish to lose that person either because it would totally break my heart.

6. Steel Magnolias (1989)

A Southern community of women find themselves into new discoveries, friendships, and upsetting decisions that we just cannot control.

Shout out to Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Daryl Hannah, Shirley Maclaine, and last (NEVER LEAST), Julia Roberts. Amen....

7. Ghost (1990)

Of course, you probably have heard of this movie.

All I am saying is this movie gets me everytime.

8. Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)

She's the best friend I've ever had, and I love her.

Talk about a movie with friendships, this is just a sad story all in one. There is not a single scene where you should not feel the need to blow your nose.

I know I have missed many sad movies. However, these are just some that I would like to share with you! Hope you like them! XOXO