8 Ways To Feel Your Best This Summer

8 Ways To Feel Your Best This Summer

Everyone deserves to have fun and feel good while doing it.

126
8 Ways To Feel Your Best This Summer
Maria Chappa

Along with summer comes the good old saying "I'm working on my summer body". Most of the time, people try their best to get in shape for all the wrong reasons. Summer time should be about spending time in the sun with family and friends, not worrying about what you look like in a swimsuit. This summer, put aside time for yourself and try something new!

1. Try a new workout class

Now a days, there are so many different work outs to choose from. But, the only way to find one that works for you, it to test it out! Here are a few suggestions to get you started: ariel yoga, barre, boxing, hot yoga, dance, and HIIT. My favorite workouts come from the Tone It Up and PopSugar Fitness Youtube channels.

2. Eat lean, green, and clean

The phrase, "eat lean, green, and clean", comes from the creators of Tone It up. Karena and Katrina swear by eating dark veggies, lean protein, and using clean ingredients. According to them, sticking to this mantra will leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Looking for inspiration? Head to the Tone It Up website for new twist on classic recipes.

3. Spend time with friends and family

Spending time with friends and family is the best way to relax. Being around those you love, can give you a boost of energy, confidence, and allow you to be yourself.

4. Go to the beach

The beach is notorious for helping people find their happy place. The sound of waves crashing and the beautiful scenery can't be beat. Not looking to relax? Grab your friends and spend time playing frisbee, going for a walk along the beach, or catching some rays.

5. Journal

There are so many ways you can journal this summer. You can use your journal to decompress after a long day or create a gratitude journal. Or you can try creating a bullet journal of all you summer adventures. Find out how to start your own bullet journal on Seventeen Magazine's Youtube channel.

7. Try a new haircut

Trying a new haircut is a simple change that can change transform the way you feel. Getting it cut is the easy part, but choosing a haircut can be tricky. Try looking on Pintrest for on trend and complimentary haircuts for you!

8. Go for a hike

Spending time in nature is the best medicine. Find a new trail and go for a hike or even a walk. The fresh air and beautiful scenery will leave you feeling refreshed.