8 Types Of Girls You See At Every College Orientation

The complete rundown of the girls you'll meet at orientation.

162
Sydney Schmidt

Orientation can be slightly overwhelming with all the information that is thrown at you and the startling realization that you will be living here within the next month or so. Not only do you learn lots of new things at orientation, you will meet a lot of new people. But, DON'T be nervous! Here are eight girls you will definitely meet at orientation, so be prepared!

1. Still in high school

It's great that you were the Homecoming Queen and were Queen Bee in your high school, but no one cares anymore. Not only does everyone want to start fresh, we don't want to start with all your drama. If you have something rude to say, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I don't want to hear you bad-mouthing and name-calling the kid next to me because he made a different residence hall choice than you (yes this actually happened.) Leave the drama to the high schoolers.

2. The over-friendly girl

I get that we are supposed to be trying to make friends, but sometimes it can be too much. Starting any conversation with an absolute stranger with "Are we about to be best friends?" is pretty invasive. No thank you, I just want to eat my sandwich in peace now.

3. The model

In my case, this was like EVERY girl I saw. You would think that the horrible humidity and near 100-degree temperature would equal everyone out, but you would be so wrong. As I sit on a bench putting my sweaty hair into a high bun, several girls walk by with their perfectly straight, not oily or sweaty hair. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?

4.The sweet, but ditzy one

You immediately become friends with her because she is one of the nicest girls here. But as you get deeper into a conversation, you start wondering how she got into this school. However she did, you plan on making her study her butt off the next four years so your new bestie doesn't flunk out.

5. Thinks she is too cool for orientation

She thinks orientation is SO overrated so she skips almost every activity to go hang with some very sketchy kids. Orientation is an important time to learn new things about the next four years, NOT to be lazy and brush it off as useless. You'll have the next four years to make stupid mistakes, missing orientation is not one you need to make.

6. The mute

Okay, I get that you're nervous and shy. Everyone here is nervous, but PLEASE talk to me! There is no way you can say something so embarrassing that it will make a huge first impression on someone. Wait I take that back, see #2 above.

7. The role model

She's already in college and is using her summers to take you and 20 other sweaty incoming college students around. She's a part of literally every organization, has the perfect squad, and is drop dead gorgeous. I'm not staring, you're staring.

8. Future BFF

Maybe this is one girl or a couple of them, but everyone finds someone they are compatible with at orientation. If you're open to finding new friends, trust me you will find them. In no time you will have weird inside jokes and have plans to hang out the day of move in.