8 Types of Friends In Your Friend Group, Explained By Parks And Recreation Characters

Friend Groups always have a multitude of different personalities

1418
Indie Wire

Every friend group has a diverse set of personalities, that is what makes them so much fun. Upon evaluating my own friend group, I realized that the different personalities of each person match a Parks and Recreation character. Here is my list of 8 types of friends as told by Parks and Rec characters

1. The Flirty Friend- Tom Haverford

We all have that one friend who flirts with literally EVERYONE and sometimes unsuccessfully. You love them despite their failed attempts to pick up dates.

2. The Grumpy Friend- April Ludgate

This friend is the party pooper of the group. Usually this grumpiness can due to lack of sleep or missing their dog, you still love them even when they are being grumpy.

3. The Funny Friend- Andy Dwyer

The funny friend is that one person who can make you laugh on even the worst of days, even if it is because they were being dumb and hurt themselves. They are always a pleasure to be around, like sunshine on a cloudy day.

4. The Health Nut Friend- Chris Traeger

This friend is always eating healthy and doing the latest workout trend. Going to a restaurant with them always makes you feel guilty because they always order a salad while you have your burger and fries. Because of their healthy lifestyle, they are the best motivators and are always willing to go to the gym with you.

5. The Fashionista Friend- Donna Meagle

This friend is always treating themselves to the newest clothes and fashion trends. You can catch them at the mall during their free time. They give the best advice on clothes, makeup, and shoes, and going shopping with them is an all day event.

6. The Hungry Friend- Ron Swanson

We all know that one friend who is always hungry. You can always count on this friend to go on late night Cookout runs with you and they always have the best stash of snacks in their room.

7. The Smart Friend- Ben Wyatt

The smart friend is always studying and has a 4.0 GPA. You are always jealous of how motivated they are and they offer to read over your papers and check your work for you before you turn it in, they are great study partners and a great friend.

8. The Mom Friend- Leslie Knope

Every group has a mom friend. This friend always counts heads when you and your friends go out, they make sure everyone does their homework, and they have an arsenal of snacks and first aid items in their mom purse. You love the mom friend because of their willingness to love and compliment everyone and make everyone’s day better, even if it means making up holidays so you guys can celebrate each other.

Every group of friends is blessed with a diverse group of personalities, I hope this article gave you a laugh and new perspective on your friend group.

P.S. I am totally the mom friend