8 Tips To Make Finals Suck Less

8 Tips To Make Finals Suck Less

We can do this!

653
8 Tips To Make Finals Suck Less
Tim Gouw // Unsplash

Finals suck. It's like taking all the stress of the entire semester and putting it into one week! Studying for finals is almost worse than taking the actual test, so here are some tips to make it a bit more bearable.

1. Form a study group

Being in a group with people who are also suffering is much easier than suffering alone. Just make sure you're actually studying!

2. Have some snacks

While I recommend eating some carrot sticks and drinking water, I know you're all (myself included) are just gonna be downing Redbull and pizza. But hey! It's finals, and you deserve it. Having something to munch on can make studying much more bearable.

3. Find your spot

Think about how and where you focus best. In your favorite local coffee shop? In the library? Maybe in the lobby of a secluded building on campus? Find your spot fast; study spaces tend to fill up before finals.

4. Be comfortable, but not TOO comfortable

Bring your favorite sweater or even a light blanket if your study space is going to be cold. Sit in a comfy chair, just DO NOT study in bed or under a bunch of blankets. It's too easy to fall asleep that way, and then no studying gets done.

5. Get inspiration

"Studyblr" is a type of Tumblr blog that is devoted to studying/homework inspiration! Search through the #studyblr tag or watch some YouTube channels like Study With Jess or Studyign. You'll find tons of motivation and organization tips!

6. Block off time to study

Schedule time that you're going to study so you don't end up trying to cram the night before an exam. Don't just expect to "wing it." Write it out!

7. Find a study method that works for you

If you have a method you know works for you, then use it! If you don't, google study strategies and try out a few. Everybody learns differently, so finding your study technique is key.

8. Don't forget to relax

Studying can bog you down, so make sure you take a break once in awhile! Do some yoga, take a walk outside, hang out with a friend or just get up from your seat and stretch. Being relaxed will help you get through the rest of finals.

Finals suck, but hopefully these tips help make it a little more bearable. Now go out and ace those exams!