8 Times Meredith Grey And Cristina Yang Were Actually You And Your Best Friend

You're my person.

582
Netfix

Even if you haven't watched Grey's Anatomy eight times through like I have, or even once, you still know about the Twisted sisters. Meredith and Cristina are basically friendship goals; they're each other's soulmate and everything we all hope to find in a best friendship. They are Grey’s Anatomy’s best love story, and that’s coming from the biggest “Mer Der” fan there is. I bet there’s one person in particular who comes to mind when you hear the words “best friend,” and if what you two have is anything like Meredith and Cristina’s friendship, consider yourself extremely lucky.

1. No matter what, your best friend always comes first

She is your number one priority, and everyone else understands that. Regardless of how badly you really want to hang out with that boy, if your best friend needs you, you're there.

2. You are there for one another in any situation

Whether she's right, wrong or indifferent, you support her without judgment, and she does the same for you. How many times have you and your best friend plotted revenge against someone who hurt one of you? Not that you’ve ever really gone through with it, but it’s totally the thought that counts.Just having your best friend by your side makes a bad situation good and a good situation even better.

3. You know, without question, that your friendship is forever.

There is nothing in this world that could come between you and your best friend. I bet you’ve spoken about having your kids at the same time so they can be best friends like you two were.

Has the thought of sharing “remember that time...'s” in fifty years from now made you kind of excited to be old, grey and smelly? As some may say, “till death do us part.”

4. You and your best friend say “I love you” like couples do

Even if your best friend, like Cristina, is not the most affectionate person there is, you two still manage to show each other plenty of love.I mean, is there even anything in the world that’s better than a hug from your best friend?

5. Even what seems to be the most perfect friendship definitely isn’t always perfect

Best friends get into arguments and have tense moments. A fight with your best friend can be, and often is, worse than a breakup with a boy. The difference is you and your best friend will soon be back to your normal, lovey selves.They all say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger; you’ve heard that one before right? Sometimes, you gotta shake things up a bit to remind yourselves that your friendship should never be taken for granted. Maybe a little head-budding is healthy.

6. She'll tell you the truth, no matter how much it hurts

A friend will always tell you that you look good, tell you that you’re right, tell you to eat that second cupcake. But your best friend? She’ll tell you when you look fat in that outfit, no matter how much you like it. She’ll tell you when you're wrong and being absolutely crazy. And just as the delicious chocolate cupcake is about to be between your teeth, she’ll smack it out of your hands and remind you how soon spring break is.Your best friend will always give you the tough love everyone needs. The truth may hurt in the moment, but there’s nothing better than thanking your best friend for keeping you on the right track.

7. It’s the little things in life that make the biggest difference

Having a dance party with your best friend is certainly one of those “little things” and is inarguably the healthiest, most productive way of fixing any problem. A little party never killed nobody!

8. Near or far, you will always have your person

This one’s forever. College may have forced hundreds of miles between you and your best friend, but distance makes the heart grow fonder. At least we have FaceTime!