8 Things I Can't Wait To Do At Disney

8 Things I Can't Wait To Do At Disney

My (partial) Disney bucket list.

22
8 Things I Can't Wait To Do At Disney
Theme Park Tourist

In just under two months, I'll be starting my job at Disney World. Although I'm nervous to start my program, I'm also super excited. One thing I've seen a lot of cast members do is create bucket lists of things to do while at Disney. While this isn't nearly everything on my bucket list (I have an entire spread sheet dedicated to it), these are probably some of my biggest ones.

1. Try Dole Whip.

I keep hearing about this famously amazing ice cream/frozen yogurt treat. It seems like there’s an actual fan following of this stuff. Apparently, it tastes like pineapple and magic. I’ve never had it, I don’t even know where to find it in Disney, but I’m bound and determined to find it and try it just so I can see what all the hype is about.

2. Drink around the world.

Let’s face it, I’m a very recent college graduate (a.k.a., I’m finishing my last few classes now). Disney pays pretty nicely, but not enough for anything super substantial. I can’t sing or act and I don’t write anywhere near well enough to be a famous writer anytime soon. So there's no money coming from my talents (or lack thereof). I will probably never travel outside the country, so how else am I going to be able to say that I had a pint in Germany? Or Japan? Or France? The Disney decorations and princesses won’t be found in the actual countries either.

3. Hit all four parks in one day.

So apparently, the way you play this is that you have to do a set amount of rides in each park within 24 hours. No one said they had to be the popular rides where you’re forced to wait over an hour to get on. And thank Disney for that nice free admission perk you get as a cast member. Time to start stockpiling the coffee.

4. Ride every ride in every park.

You read that right. Every ride. In every park. At least once. Including the water parks. Will it happen? Maybe. Maybe not. I’ve only been to Disney World twice and once was when I was nine. So there’s a lot of rides I haven’t had a chance to experience yet and I want to try the rides that don’t get as much love.

5. Get pictures and autographs from every character.

Honestly, I don’t understand how so many people have so many adorable photos of them doing ridiculously cute poses with various characters. I have trouble just asking them to take a picture with me, let alone ask Peter if I can give him a “kiss” or Gaston if I can fawn all over him. My main goal in this is to become more comfortable with asking things like that and becoming BFFs with some of the characters. I just have to get over my crippling awkwardness first…

6. Disney bound!

Since Disney frowns on anyone older than 10 walking around the parks in any sort of Disney costume (outside of the Halloween party), Disney bounding has become a popular activity among the “older” crowd. Basically, you put together an outfit with a similar color scheme, similar accessories or a modern day version of an outfit in order to represent a certain character. It’s pretty easy to do and usually comes out super cute. The characters also usually recognize when you’re dressed like them or like a friend of theirs, so the comments and compliments are a really nice reward for wearing bright primary colors or dressing in all green.

7. Attend Fall Dapper Day.

What can I say, I’m an old soul. I love all things retro, vintage, flapper and pin-up. Something about the aesthetic of the 1920's to the 1960's just calls to me. I’ve dreamed of attending Dapper Day for the past four years, and I really hope I’m able to attend this year. I just want to wear my gorgeous retro dresses, OK?

8. Have fun and enjoy every moment.

I don’t know what will happen while I’m down there, if I’ll extend, if I’ll try to stay or if I’ll be ready to come home in January. I don’t know where I’ll be working or how many friends I’ll make, but I need to stop worrying about everything that could happen. This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me. I want to take in everything I can and make as many memories as possible. How many people can say that they worked in a magical place and that their boss was a mouse?