10 Texts You Send Your College Friends Over The Summer

It's true you find your life long friends in college.

221
Huffington Post

So, the year is over and most of you have gone home for the summer.

At college, you and your friends live extremely close to each other, maybe in the same room, so when you leave it's actual torture. You miss all of your friends unless you're lucky enough to live close to each other and see each other, and you can't wait to get back to school just to see them.

Here are 10 common texts you send your college friends during the summer:

1. "I miss you."

It's obvious. You aren't seeing each other all day every day like you're used to. You're probably long distance so it's given that you miss each other!

2. "I can't wait to live right next to you again."

It's impossible to communicate and have the same friendship when you're away from each other. I'm guessing you're counting down the days until you're living together/ by each other again and you can't wait. College allows you to be in such a convenient situation to let friendships flourish so it's really hard not being in that set up during the summer.

3. "We NEED to go out when we get back!"

HELLO! College isn't just about studying and getting good grades, it's about having fun and finding people to have fun with. It's never the same until you and your best friend(s) are back together and having fun in your own ways whether that's partying or staying in your dorm in pj's watching "The Notebook".

4. "SNAPCHAT ME BACK"

I NEED TO SEE YOU! I NEED TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING! AND SNAPCHAT IS OUR BEST BET SINCE WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER!

5. "Come visit me!"

Just to hold us over.

6. "I miss that one night when we (say the favorite thing you did)."

Ah, reminiscing on the memories of your previous school year. This person or these people you are texting probably had a big impact on how well your school year went. You have them to thank, and them to miss.

7. "Can we FaceTime?"

You're either feeling lonely or making your 5th Facetime call of the night, no shame. You're used to seeing them every day so it's understandable you want to see them! FaceTime is the best option when you just wanna see them and talk.

8. *Sends a picture of food* "This is totally better than the food in the cafeteria."

Home cooking or even restaurant food from your hometown is probably better than the food in the cafeteria. You have to show your friends you're finally getting to eat like human beings. Document this moment because soon you guys won't be eating like this a majority of the time, again.

9. "I'm so glad I met you."

You meet your best friends in college, even if it doesn't happen your first year, it will happen eventually. In your time away, you'll realize how lucky you are to have them as a best friend, so you need to tell them how much you appreciate them.

10. "What day are you going back up?"

Because I want to be there right when you get there.