8 Reasons Why You Should Know The Name: Coastal Carolina

It's Not College It's Coastal

632
Barstool Sports

Coastal Carolina University

If you didn't know the name before, you should probably get yourself acquainted, because Coastal Is actually Number One.

There is no other place on earth like Coastal. And I mean that whole-heartily. We're not some little two year college in the deep south, but we used to be. We used to be a part of USC, but we broke away because that's just the Coastal thing to do. We're a four (five) year university that could give any other big name school a run for their money.

1.) Sports? Yeah we're pretty good at them, just had our first appearance in the College World Series, and won. There is no team with as much heart as our Chanticleers do. Each one of them after being told they would never win, pushed through and proved to the nation that teal runs within us, and there's no one we can't beat.

2.) The Beach- Being able to go lay on the beach and swim in the blue waves after a long day of class is truly one of the best things about Coastal. 15 minutes and you're there. There is literally nothing better than laying on the beach in November while all your friends at home are whining over the chill of the first frost.

3.) Tavern Pizza- You don't know drunk food until you have their pizza. Mac and cheese stuffed, buffalo chicken, they have it. Open late and for $2 a slice, Tavern is the place to be whether you spent your whole night there or end it there. It's also in walking (drunk stumbling) distance from a lot of the apartment complexes, which makes it even better after a night out.

4.) Tongy's Shmackhouse- Tongy's is ours. It's the place we go every Thursday night (and Tuesday and Wednesday) to drown our sorrows from a long day by chugging pitchers on pitchers of Holy Water. What's Holy Water? Its blue, filled with alcohol that you can't taste, and guaranteed to give you a hangover. But it's a staple in our diet as Coastal students, and we'll drink it until we graduate (and probably after). There really isn't anything quite like Tongy's anywhere else. You know almost every single person around you and you know if you can't get a hold of someone on a Thursday night, they're probably there passed out in the bathroom or grinding on the Tongy's Cowboy (Jim), a mysterious old local that never misses a Thursday night with the college kids.

5.) Monarch Pool Parties- Ah good old Monarch. What used to be a massive pool party ever Saturday has now dwindled down due to the destructive nature every Coastal student possesses. But we'll never forget the fond memories we have of getting inebriated poolside with over 100 of our closet friends.

6.) Greek Life- Greek life at Coastal is growing fast and the place to be. We're all just a big ridiculously fun groups of guys and girls just trying to make an impact on our school and the community. And although we sometimes get a bad rep, no one has higher GPAs as a whole and no one can throw a darty like us either. We represent our school the best way we know how whether it be through service or social activities, we know how to make a good time and there's no other group quite like us.

7.) BLEED TEAL- Being a part of Coastal means being a Chanticleer and it means being a part of something much bigger than yourself. We love our bronze and teal, and we mean it. Every single one of us is proud to be a part of a university with so much enthusiasm and insane people. We want our school to succeed so badly and any win no matter how big is important to us. The growth of our school and exposure is something we all want, because we believe in this college and we want everyone else to see what we see, greatness.

8.) Campus- Our campus is beautiful and there's nothing better than walking to class on a palm tree lined path. And there's nothing like turtle pond either. At the center of our campus we have Wall Pond, affectionately called "turtle pond" because of the large amount of little turtles swimming alongside us as we walk to our next class. Grab a smoothie and a bagel at Einsteins and sit and enjoy the sunny and 75 weather, it'll last most the school year.

If there's one thing you as the reader take away from this article, know that Coastal Carolina was the best choice any of us ever made, and this school is more than just a school, its an experience only to be had in one place, Conway, South Carolina.