8 Reasons Why Having A Sick Dormmate Is Actually The Worst

You have not experienced college dorm life unless your roommate has given you their cold.

901
Spoon University

As a freshman in college, you are usually expected to live in a dorm, and unless you are willing to spend extra cash on a private room, you have roommates. They aren’t so bad once you get to know them, but when they get sick, your relationship becomes really rocky. Especially when the aforementioned roommate disrupts your sleep with their coughing, and does not get out of bed for days on end.

1. They ask you to get them everything

Your roommate will probably be in a physical comatose state

in bed, and since you are actually alive, they ask you to grab them things that are too far away. If their bed is lofted, then you must get them everything: tissues, water, phone, computer, medicine, etc.

2. You become Mom

Since your roommate has contracted a viral disease, you

feel the need to help them, so you become their mother until they either die or get better. Being their mother implies your willingness to get them things because they are unable to get out of bed: soup, water, tissues, and the free stuff they are handing out on campus. Your new found responsibility to them makes you curse your innate need to care for others.

3. You never get any sleep

After becoming mom, you develop a new found appreciation for

mothers everywhere because you have not gotten any sleep because of your sick roommate.

Their coughing still sneaks into your nightmares.

4. Your soup supply has dissipated

Your roommate can only palate liquids, so they have greatly decreased your soup stash. You curse them, but you also feel bad that they are unable to consume pizza or fries.

5. Your room smells like the inside of a gym

As your sick roommate has not gotten out of bed in a week, your room smells like an astonishing amount of B.O., which is partially your fault because you have not handed them their deodorant in the last few days. Word to the wise: make them use their deodorant!

6. You are jealous they haven't gone to class

Your roommate’s professors have told them not to show up to class because they are contagious, and that bugs the hell out of you. You ponder the profits of being sick, which are basically not having to go to your art history class.

7. You try not to get sick

Having midterms right around the corner, you have to focus on studying, but with a sick roommate, you also have to focus on not contracting the plague from them. As you sit by your desk working on homework, you hear them cough, which makes you pop another vitamin pill.

8. The inevitable contraction of the plague from your roomie

Though you tried so hard you could not escape the germs that have been festering in your dorm room, so you lie in bed and cough yourself to sleep. On the bright side, your roommate is now mom, and you do not have to go to class.