8 Reasons Holidays Are Ruined By Christmas

What about all the other holidays?

65
Highlight Hollywood

1. Mid-night on Halloween, the spider-webs come down and the big red bows go up.

I was in a 24 hour Walmart on Halloween night just when the clock hit twelve, and it was no longer Halloween. Soon as the calendar read "November 1st", I watched the Walmart take down the Halloween decorations and start hanging Christmas wreaths, red bows on every isle. It looked like Santa threw up on Walmart in less than 5 minutes.

2. SALE! SALE! SALE!

Everything is about getting something on sale. Everyone is rushing around to get the best price on anything they can. They don't bother to stop and look at the other products a store offers, just what is on sale.

3. Christmas decorations being sold before October 31st.

During ever holiday or season, your big retail stores have a special section for the upcoming holiday or season, Like when school is about to go back, there are school suppies. When Labor day, there is a bunch of BBQ stuff and fire works. Halloween does get its share of creepy decorations, but not too far is a couple isles of Christmas decorations as well.

4. Christmas music playing in every store.

There is nothing more annoying than hearing the same 10 Christmas songs over and over again everywhere you go. Please play some real music. What if there is a new Katy Perry song out? No one is going to here about that song with all this jingle bells and snow in the air.

5. What about Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is pretty much skipped now. No one can sit down for a couple hours for a nice dinner and spend time with their families. Instead everyone is rushing Thanksgiving dinner to get out. Plus there are NO Thanksgiving decorations in any store. What if I want to decorate my table with some festive turkeys? Is that too much to ask for?

6. Black Friday is a bigger holiday than Thanksgiving.

Again no one is allowed to sit and have dinner with their family. Everyone is rushing to have dinner so they can get to the Black Friday sale happening at Target or Toys 'R' Us. Just stop worrying about these sales and spend time with your family!

7. The holiday season is just not about Christmas.

There are several holidays that occur between October and January. But it seems for these 3-4 months, the only holiday on our mind is Christmas. Even after Christmas, New Years is like a second Christmas for some people. Why can't we take one holiday a time?

8. What about the families who don't celebrate Christmas?

I know of several people who do not celebrate Christmas. Like Hanukkah... and Ramadan... What about these people. While Christmas decorations take up almost the entire store, these is one isle in an entire store for every other holiday in the next upcoming months.