8 Places To Study At FSU Besides Strozier

When Strozier Library is packed like a can of sardines, here's a few places to consider.

662
Heartbreak Hypnotist

The end of the semester is near and some if not all of us are getting ready to crack down and study for what feels like our impending doom. However, the most difficult thing to do is not just studying but finding a place to study. Here's a list of some of Tallahassee's gems that are options besides the infamous struggle in Club Stroz.

1. Starbucks

I personally love the smell of coffee as I do homework. Starbucks is a great place to study and get your assignments complete because it provides an environment where you have the ability to discuss with others, grab a cup of joe, and feel aesthetic as you do so. Whether or not it's the one on campus or the remote locations, it is definitely a good option. Let out your inner white girl!

2. Dirac

Known as the "other" library, Dirac can be a great resource for the sciences but if you want a library scene like Stroz this is the place to be! Open from 8 am to 1 am it has a similar feel to Strozier library and similar resources like printers and a built-in Starbucks, however, it has more elaborate greenery that is not only calming but creates a great work environment with a view, unlike the seemingly windowless Strozier.

3. The Sweetshop

Located next to Southgate, this little hole-in-the-wall is a Florida State gem. Having coffee available and a conversation-friendly environment that you can walk to after class makes this place accessible, a good location for study groups, and a viable option instead of Strozier.

4. All Saints Cafe

All Saints, located on Railroad Ave, covers so many of your study location requirements: It's quirky, it's inviting, and it's bigger than your average coffee shop. (Plus they've got free wifi). Finding a place to sit is never too difficult, and it's open until 24/7.

5. Black Dog Cafe

Another Tallahassee treasure--this time with a view. Black Dog Cafe is the perfect place to study during the craziness we like to call "the end of the semester". Not only do you get a more remote location away from campus, but you can also get the perfect snapchat story opportunity of cute coffee mugs and Lake Ella in the background. #studysession

6. Dorms/Apartments

While some of you may live in a house or townhome, most students either live on campus in an FSU dorm, or an apartment complex. These places literally offer you a room to study in! You pay to live there so why not take advantage of this resource and enjoy having a study room steps away from where you live in case you accidentally forget a charger, or need a study break.

7. Dunkin Donuts

Whether you prefer Dunkin or Starbucks will always be a timeless debate, but it's no question that Dunkin is a great place to study. Luckily for everyone, there are now multiple locations all around campus including the one on Copeland, Tennessee, and now Pensacola. So grab a donut, a cup of coffee, and your notecards and get to studying.

8. The Union- Krentzman Lounge

Oglesby Union is more than just a great place to buy a tapestry on market Wednesday. Just up the stairs reveals a place that up until recently I didn't even know about. The Krentzman Lounge is the unspoken hero of both midterms and finals week, allowing for a productive environment to get work done. They have plenty of computers and monitors to promote collaboration with other students or individual areas if you choose to study alone.