8 People You See At The Gym

8 People You See At The Gym

We all people watch. Let's report our findings, shall we?

87
8 People You See At The Gym
Medical Daily

We all have done the act of "People Watching". You know, looking at people at different places and judging what they do or how they act. We are all guilty of doing this, but chances are someone has done it to you as well. Over the past couple of years I've been going to the gym, I've seen quite a few different kinds of people come and go. Here's a few of the types that I've witnessed over the years.

1. The New Years Resolutioner

We all know this crowd. The usual crowd that comes in January 2nd (because they're hung over from the night before), with all new workout gear and barely having a clue of what to do. Most tend to stop going to the gym by the middle of February or March. While it's great that these people want to make a change in their life, most will end up just being in the way, abusing the equipment, and never ask for help to learn how to properly do the exercises.

2. The Grunter

This is the one who you know is there before you even walk towards the weights. They're the one that sounds like they're taking a painful bowel movement, or lifting a car. Some of them grunt during an actual heavy lift, while others grunt when they're lifting 20 pounds or less. Both of those scenarios are okay, but one is funnier to watch than the other one.

3. The Wannabe-Trainer

This one is more prevalent with the New Years Resolutioners crowd, but can still be caught from time to time. There are two variants of this person. The first is the one who will walk around and give "helpful advice" to anybody working out. Some of these tips that are given can be helpful, while many are terrible and can even lead to injury. The second type is the one who is with a group of friends. They'll look like an alpha male with their group and will walk to each of their friends in the group. They tend to hog a lot of machines or weights or give bad advice to their friends in the group as well.

4. Social Club

These are the people who go to the gym, use a machine for one or two sets, and then proceed to talk with another person for 20+ minutes, completely forgetting why they're at the gym anyway.... TO WORK OUT! It's fine if you're talking to a friend while working out, but just sitting with a piece of equipment for longer than 10 minutes without using it to exercise is just plain wrong.

5. The Photogenic

This is the person who comes to the gym in all designer apparel and accessories and works out. To show that they worked out, they go to the mirrors at the gym and takes some photos of themselves. They then take hundreds more on machines that they use just for the photos, not even working out on them. We get it, you want people to think you work out. Cut the crap and get off of the equipment!

7. The Dedicated

This is the person who you believe lives at the gym, or at least frequents it. For some of these people, you see them at the gym any time or day that you go. Others have a set schedule when going, so you know when they'll be there. The Dedicated are the kinds of people that will go to the gym, use one or two pieces of equipment at a time, do their exercises, and leave.

8. The Cardio-Bunny

This person is one who lives for cardio. You tend to see them on the elliptical, treadmill, or any other aerobic machine, and that's all they really do. They tend to just do cardio, nothing more, nothing less.

There's nothing wrong to being in any of these categories, besides the Wannabe-Trainer or the Photogenic. The most important thing is that you're going to the gym to change your life for the better! Keep on working out and getting healthy!

P.S. If you need a new workout playlist, check out Gillian Turvey's list or add My Workout playlist to your Spotify below!