8 New Englander Winter Essentials

8 New Englander Winter Essentials

Surviving the cold the only way we know how.
54

Every New Englander knows what it takes to be prepared for the winter.

Being a native New Englander myself, I never really realized that what are relatively normal behaviors, habits, and even sayings here in Massachusetts aren't normal outside of New England. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with using the word 'wicked' and even if you're not from New England you must recognize the fact that Tom Brady is in fact, an absolute god. Now going to Holy Cross I have seen a lot people struggle with the winters here and I thought I'd be kind and help everyone out.

So I've compiled a list of things you should either own or do if you want to survive through the winter. Chances are if you are from New England and are reading this article, you already own most of the items on the list. If you don't live in New England but go to school here, I suggest you start stalking up on these items in order to properly endure the winter...the New Englander way.

Because winter is here and we must be prepared.

1. An obnoxiously puffy jacket that goes to at least to the knee.

However, I personally suggest the obnoxious puffy jacket that goes below the knee. This will definitely keep you wicked warm in a blizzard.

2. A hat, but not just any hat.

A hat with an absurdly large pom-pom on the top of your head. Bonus points if the hat has a New England sports team (like the Patriots) on it and extra bonus points if it is super colorful.

3. Gloves that allow you to text because even when it is below freezing and there's a blizzard going on we have to be able to check Tom Brady's instagram.

4. A nice pair of Bean Boots.

These are perfect for trekking around in the snow and you get extra bonus points if they are fur-lined or colorful.

5. Multiple pairs of wool socks because even if your Bean Boots are fur-lined your toes will still freeze without the thickness of a quality pair of wool socks.

6. A Dunkin Donuts iced coffee.

Because you wouldn't be a proper New Englander without an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts...even in the freezing cold weather.

7. A Hot Cup to go around your Dunkin Donuts iced coffee.

Because if you do now own the gloves that were suggested, then we don't want your hand to fall off as you're trying to hurry back into a building to go check Tom Brady's Instagram. Bonus points if you own one of the reusable Dunkin Donuts iced coffee cup sleeves.

8. Don't not accomplish anything even if there is a blizzard because New Englanders NEVER let a little snow get in their way of doing what needs.

If you were supposed to go for a bike ride, put your shorts on and your sneakers, grab your bike, and your puffy jacket and hit the road.