13 Tell-Tale Signs You're A Masshole Living In NYC

"Pahk the cah at Lincoln Centah."

152
The Boston Herald

You may not think there's very many of us in New York, but I've met my fair share. Hiding out in a Dunkin, a whispered Boston accent from a corner -- Massachusetts people are alive and well in NYC. If you're looking for a fellow Bostonian, here are some tell-tale signs you're from Massachusetts:

1. You will always pick Dunks over Starbucks.

And it's Dunks, not "Dunkin' Donuts."

2. People often ask you to translate for other Bostonians.

There's a wicked packie right before the roundabout, just bang a uey at the Bertucci's.

3. A "GOAT" is not just an animal to you.

4. Halloween isn't just a holiday, it's a part of your culture.

Salem, Massachusetts is the most haunted place in the world and it's awesome.

5. You know there's only one to make clam chowder, and it doesn't involve tomatoes.

THIS is what clam chowder should look like.

6. You're afraid to wear Pats gear in the city.

You may get hurt by a rabid Yankees fan.

7. You laugh at what New Yorkers call a "blizzard."

They don't know what real winter is.

8. The best summer spot is Martha's Vineyard, not the Hamptons.

9. Your friends can't believe when you walk across 6 lines of traffic in Midtown before the light goes red.

10. You still want to call the subway lines by the colors instead of the letters.

11. The scoopers at Morgenstern's stare at you when you ask for jimmies.

12. When you order a coffee "regular," you're confused why it's black.

13. Being called a "masshole" is in no way an insult.

Wicked proud of it!