8 Netflix Shows To Binge Over Break

8 Netflix Shows To Binge Over Break

Time to do the ultimate catch-up

82
8 Netflix Shows To Binge Over Break
flickr

You did it, you have made it to the end of the semester!

While everything is slowing down and you are packing up for that long and well-needed break here are some Netflix shows that you need your undivided attention. Netflix is known for having something for everyone and anyone, so sit back, relax and say hello to your pajamas, they will be your best friend this winter break.

Riverdale

Based on the Archie Comics, Riverdale holds characters Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge and Jughead Jones. Through the eyes of Jughead, the show tells the story of the investigation of the death of Cheryl Blossom’s twin brother, Jason in a mysterious death. Heads are being turned and no one is excused from being accused of such the act. Relationships between the characters develop and show results in a major cliffhanger, which we all love right?!

Grey’s Anatomy

One of the better-known shows of modern day television is the 14 season running show, Grey’s Anatomy. Which is told by Meredith Grey, a doctor at a hospital in Seattle and she tells the story of herself, her friends, many patients as well as fellow doctors. Meredith learns a lot in this hospital and while watching the show, at some point you will want debate on changing to a pre-med major in college. The show is a total tear-jerker so be prepared with some tissues.

Friends

No matter if this is your first time or 10th time, Friends is a must binge watch show. Following the characters Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross, we are thrown into their life and watch all the hilarious incidents that they must face in their early adulthood. Think your life is a whirlwind? Just wait until you see this show. Hopefully, you’re not taking winter classes because “WE [ARE] ON A BREAK!” You get it when you catch the show.

Vampire Diaries

If you are a romantic, this is the show for you. If you are into fictional creatures and magic then this is for you. If you like history, this is somewhat for you. Introducing Elena, a normal high school girl who had recently lost her parents in a car wreck. She has lost a little bit of herself and is trying to get a grasp on reality. Then enters Stefan Salvatore who manages to shake up Elena’s world. Elena is introduced to different things and sees her life in a different light including her family and best friends Bonnie and Caroline, which she records in her diaries. And for those who have already seen the show, catch The Originals!

Jane the Virgin

The CW television show Jane the Virgin is an American telenovela which zooms in on young latina Jane who was a virgin for all of her life because of her grandma ingrained that into her brain.Jane has a boyfriend Michael who is very patient of her decision but the two are spinning when Jane is accidentally artificially inseminated when she goes for a checkup at her gynecologist and she becomes pregnant. The biological donor is a married man, a former playboy and cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works but was also her former teenage crush. Sound crazy, right? Every episode makes you feel that way so get ready.

Scandal

Scandal is an American political thriller that takes a lot of ups and downs and takes in Washington D.C. with Olivia Pope and her associates who are known for “fixing” problems or better known as scandals that high-status officials have. The team is best known helping President Fitzgerald Grant especially Olivia. The two become close and the show escalates between elections, relationships and high-risk taking. So raise your giant wine glass for one of ABC’s most popular shows, Scandal.

Stranger Things

If you own Netflix or even bounce off a friend’s account, you are bound to hear about Stranger Things. The show is set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana in the 1980s, the first season is about the investigation of a disappearance of a young boy while a lot of supernatural events were occurring around the town including the appearance of a girl with psychokinetic abilities who helps the missing boy's friends in their own search. The second is set for a year later and it is more on character development and trying to get everything back to normal from the events and tragedies happening the season before.