8 Hikes Around Lexington You Should Try

8 Hikes Around Lexington You Should Try

Makes going to Washington & Lee even better.

2
8 Hikes Around Lexington You Should Try
Mcafee's Knob

If you go to Washington & Lee, these five hikes are well worth your time. Everyone knows nothing beats the stress, hangovers and blues better than spending time outside. The mountains of Virginia are perfect for that so I'd definitely recommend giving any of these hikes a go.

1. McAfee's Knob

This is definitely a day-trip. You won't get up and back down that quickly, but the view from the overhang is unbelievable. It'll make you think you're king of the world.

2. Devil's Marbleyard

Climbing this wall of rocks is a trip that never gets old. You can go as many times as you want, but exploring the nooks and crannies of this hike is a great time.

3. House Mountain

This mountain is easily recognized, even from campus, and it's such a fun hike with some awesome views.

4. Goshen Pass

While this isn't a ridiculously hard or long hike, it's perfect if you're looking for a quick trip on a nice day. May as well take a dip in the river too while you're at it!

5. Crabtree Falls Trail

If you're looking for some waterfalls, this is the hike for you. It's not long and the waterfalls are the best part.

6. Panther Falls

This isn't really even a hike...but laying out in the sun after jumping off the rock makes up for that.

7. Sharp Top Trail

It's a little under three miles but a slightly more difficult hike. The views are incredible, but it's Virginia so what's new.

8. Cold Mountain

The view spans out on either side of you at the end of this hike. It's almost like a panorama and it's awesome. There's also camping spots along the trail so you never even have to leave — how perfect.