8 Girl Power Anthems To Plug In When A Fuckboy Unplugs Your Heart

"If he like it then he shoulda put a ring on it"

361
Flickr Creative Commons

Music is such a beautiful and diverse thing.

When times get tough, music acts as therapy and helps you heal. During heartbreak, music is an essential factor when trying to get over that guy that hurt you.

Ladies, we’ve all been there and if you’re ever looking for a new song to add to you “Getting Over My Ex Playlist,” here’s a list of 10 Girl Power Anthems that will help you do just that.

1. Little Mix- “Shout Out To My Ex”

This is THE song to listen to as you wipe away any memory of that guy who broke your heart. I mean just look at the title! Wanna throw some shade at him? This is the tune for you.

2. Kelly Clarkson- “Since U Been Gone”

You thought I was going to leave this one out? This is the song you listen to on repeat when you finally let go of a toxic relationship. “Since you’ve been gone, I can breathe for the first time” is a lyric many girls can relate to.

3. Taylor Swift- ‘’We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”

The title of the song says it all! Let that boy know that there are no second chances. You guys are NEVER getting back together.

4. Beyonce- “Irreplaceable”

The ULTIMATE anthem! Never ever let a boy make you believe something you are not. A boy doesn’t know a good thing until she’s gone, out the door, and moved on to the next best thing.

5. Katy Perry- “Part of Me”

The lyrics of this song are absolutely beautiful. Perry reminds us that no matter how much boys hurt us, you can never fully destroy us. There always is that part of us that they will never have no matter how hard they try.

6. Destiny’s Child- “Survivor”

If you know the lyrics to this track then you know exactly why it’s on this list. The lyrics “Now that you're out of my life I'm so much better / You thought that I'd be weak without you, but I'm stronger / You thought that I'd be broke without you, but I'm richer / You thought that I'd be sad without you, I laugh harder” are the words every girl needs to hear to remind herself that life goes on without that good-for-nothing boy.

7. Beyonce- “Single Ladies”

Instead of crying over a f*ckboy, go out and have some fun! This is the perfect post break-up song. Beyonce reminds us to hit up the club with some girlfriends instead of staying in and crying all night.

8. The Pussycat Dolls- “I Don’t Need A Man”

Do NOT be the girl that thinks she needs to be in a relationship to be happy. This is the perfect song to listen to whenever you need to remind yourself that it is okay to be single! There are more important things in life than a relationship. Nobody has time to waste on people who aren’t serious about them.