8 Awkward Struggles of Looking Younger Than Your Age

Some people strive for the fountain of youth while others try to run away from it.

195

All my life I have been told I don't look like my age. Throughout my life I have faced some awkward struggles of looking younger. At this point if you're like me, you've already learned to accept and live with this. You've also accepted that this is something that will most likely not go away.

1. You pretty much have to carry your I.D everywhere.

Don't expect to get into a rated R movie without someone asking for your I.D because you don't look at least 18 when you're 21 years old. This can be a little annoying when you're with a group of people who are your age but only decide to card you because of how young you look.

2. People don't believe you're a college student.

One time I was walking on campus when someone told me that the campus tour wasn't starting yet. They thought I was a high school student on a campus tour. I had been in college for 3 years.

3. You most likely will get hit on by people younger than you.

This is usually really awkward because these people are like little children to you. This can contribute to many cringy moments to your life.

4. Receiving a kids menu at a restaurant.

Can I at least have a bigger cup? I feel bad telling the waitress or waiter that I actually want to eat from the adult menu because they get embarrassed at the fact that they thought I was a kid.

5. Being asked if you're the younger sibling.

Let's just say being almost as tall as your 13 year old sister may not help you look your age at all. Sometimes people might even think you are the age of your younger sibling and that can get very awkward as well.

6. People always get shocked when you tell them how old you really are.

Usually they are shocked because they assumed you were four years younger than your actual age. I end up being shocked along with them because I don't realize that I look that young.

7. You get asked what grade you are in high school when you're in college.

At least it isn't as bad as when you were in high school and got asked what grade you were in junior high/ elementary school.

8. You hear the phrase “you'll appreciate it when you're older!” almost everyday of your life.

Although this may be true, looking young does have its advantages and disadvantages. Either way, I'm okay with looking the way I look, and I wouldn't change a thing. For that reason, I hope that whoever is reading this also feels the same.