8 Artists That Are Perfect For Summer

8 Artists That Are Perfect For Summer

Girls just wanna have sun.

3
Allison Pericles

For me, music is a big part of my summer. I tend to associate memories from summer with songs that I listen to; music is a big part of those ~summer vibes~. Here are some of my favorite artists to listen to this summer:

1. BORNS

BORNS has a very unique sound that you don't hear too often. I would describe his music as very carefree and breezy.

My Favorites: Electric Love, Seeing Stars, The Emotion

2. Empire of the Sun

My little sister actually introduced me to Empire of the Sun. The duo has a very millennial, electronic sound, and it's perfect to listen to in the car or on a rainy day. It's definitely whimsical, and I find it easy to zone out and disappear into your own little world while listening to their music.

My Favorites: Walking on a Dream, Way To Go, High And Low, Standing On The Shore

3. Catfish and the Bottlemen

I feel as if Catfish and the Bottlemen perfectly embodies rock & roll. Their music is very high-energy and sunshine-y.

My Favorites: Kathleen, Homesick

4. Phoenix

Phoenix's music is extremely upbeat and I guarantee you that it will always put you in a good mood.

My Favorites: 1901, Lasso

Flume

Flume's music is on the more electronic side of things. I discovered Flume last summer en route to one of my many family lake trips, and his energetic sound perfectly captured the mood.

My Favorites: Holdin On, Sleepless feat. Jezzabell Doran, Tiny Cities (feat. Beck)

ODESZA

ODESZA is also a little more electronic, but I'd say it's more dreamy and twinkly. This was another artist who I found on one of my lake excursions, and it was one of my favorites during spring as well.

My Favorites: Bloom, White Lies (feat. Jenni Potts)

CRUISR

CRUISR is very relaxed and comes off to me as one of those bands to listen to while sitting on a beach drinking a smoothie. Perfect for sunny, adventure-filled days.

My Favorites: All Over, Kidnap Me

Circa Waves

To me, Circa Waves has a slightly vintage, sipping-coke-and-wearing-sunglasses-in-a-convertible sort of feel. Their sound is very fun and chill, and they're a part of the Music Midtown lineup.

My Favorites: T-Shirt Weather, Lost It