7 Ways To Keep Christmas Alive At College

Because the stress of finals is quick to take over

16
Coastalcheri

As a college student, you're in the home stretch of your first semester. You've completed most of the hard work, and as December approaches, you can see winter break looming in the distance. So close...yet so far. You're probably up to your ears in projects and final exams, spending almost all of your time in the library. But wait, it's December! It's the month of Christmas! I bet you almost forgot, because you're under a lot of stress to get everything done. And, being in a dorm room with a crammed schedule makes it kind of hard to bring the Christmas spirit to life, and, better yet, keep it alive! Here are a few ways to bring the holidays to college while you power through these next two weeks.

1. Christmas Lights

Sure, you're used to a beautifully decorated house with a big Christmas tree and stockings hung by the fireplace, but you can still jazz your dorm room up a tad with some lights! There are tons of ways to string them throughout your room, whether it's on the ceiling, above your beds, or around the doorway, you can get really creative with it. And the best part is that you'll feel happy every time you turn them on.

2. FreeForm's 25 Days of Christmas

You've probably grown up watching Christmas movies the whole month of December with your family in your cozy living room with hot chocolate and christmas cookies, but as long as you have a TV, you can still keep the tradition alive in a small way. Gather all of your friends and have a Christmas movie marathon; it'll be something to look forward to and make you feel a little bit like you're home.

3. Online Gift Shopping

With your crazy schedule and possibly lack of transportation, it's very difficult for you to buy gifts this year until very last minute. Instead, you're going to have to resort to the online shopping method. But hey, it's not so bad. You can snuggle up in your pjs and find everyone you love the perfect gift from any store you can think of. Plus, there are always tons of great online deals happening!

4. Secret Santa

Your friends are probably just as stressed and overwhelmed with these couple of weeks in December as you are, so try to keep the Christmas spirit alive together! With your newly acquired online shopping skills, you can find perfect gifts on a budget. You and your pals should plan a fun night to exchange gifts and drink eggnog!

5. Christmas Music Pandora Station

Play this. 24/7, all the time. Play it when you're in the shower, when you're studying (as long as you can refrain from breaking out in song), and when you just need a sing-along with your roommate. Christmas music is a guaranteed pick-me-up. Thanks Pandora!

6. Holiday Flavored Lattes

While you may or may not have a Starbucks near you on campus, take advantage of absolutely any holiday flavored things you can get your hands on. Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread, Eggnog, the list goes on and on. One thing's for sure: when you taste the holiday greatness, you will automatically feel happier on the inside (and maybe even forget about that accounting exam for just a second).

7. Countdown!

Possibly the most simple way to keep yourself in the Christmas spirit at school is to keep up with a cute little christmas countdown calendar. You can keep it posted in your room for the entire month of December and look up at it whenever you feel exceptionally overwhelmed. This will serve as a friendly reminder that the pain will soon end and in just a few days you will be able to breath again!

Keep your heads up, guys! Maybe it'll even snow for us once or twice!